k.k. | he got me pregnant then left

whoopy doodle, i dun did got a request

kinda an angst-ish thing
i decided to try and include season seven in it, but since it hasn't come out it isn't really spoilers, so spoiler free i guess? 

this is almost 2,000 words and I'm shook with the fact i wrote that much

prompt: "he got me pregnant then left"

requested: by pm by anon

Keith Kogane: The two words I hated with a burning passion. The man whom I had once loved and devoted my heart to, got up and left with his gang of friends. And the worst thing: I'm having his child. I was going to tell him on that one fateful day, when suddenly he spotted a ship in the sky and believed Shiro was back. Giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, he smirked then drove off to the Galaxy Garrison. I understood his wish to find Shiro, it was as if the man was his father after all, so I had no regret or doubt.

But I did not expect my lover to go ahead and return with Shiro and a bunch of other strangers. I gave them all a nervous smile as I hugged Keith and he smiled at me then put on a serious gaze. He told them about his theory and the energy he had been feeling. They all agreed to go ahead and explore the caves, but knowing about my pregnancy, I declined the offer to go. "I'll watch the shack, while you guys are gone." I said, hugging Keith as he left. "Love you," I yelled at him, to which he looked back, "love you more!"

I was fine waiting, until that mullet never came home. All my plans, my love life, and my life itself came crashing down at that very moment. How was I going to be a single mother? How could Keith do this to me? His mother left him at a young age, did he see my test and think he couldn't be a parent? Thoughts scrambled through my head as I put my hands on my face.

After about a week at the shack, I couldn't take it anymore. I gathered my stuff and left. If he came back, so what? He's an adult he can take care of himself. Once I had all my stuff, I looked around at the shack: where we had our first kiss, where we would write theories, how he would always tease me for trying to fix broken things, how I would always tease him since I would succeed in fixing broken things. My mind drifted to other things and I felt a tear run down my face. I glanced down at my stomach and took a deep breath, I can do this without him. And with that I grabbed my bags and exited my ex's home.

The first place I decided to go to was to my best friend's house. Even though Matt was missing, I knew his mother would be able to help me. After all, I've known her since I was young, as Matt and I would always hang out. Sometimes, not much though, I would talk to Katie. I grabbed Keith's hover bike and started the engine. It isn't necessarily stealing, if I'm going to give it back when he comes back. Which is never.

Finally reaching the Holt household, I parked the bike and knocked on the door. Mrs. Holt opened it and the tears flew loose. I rushed myself into her arms and she hugged me in return. Closing the door, she got me tk stop crying and I took a seat on the couch. "(Y/N), what happened?" she handed me a tissue, " K-keith and I, we um. I'm pregnant, but the thing is," you started crying again, "he left me. He left the shack with his friends. He told me he would come back, but its been a week." Mrs. Holt gazed at you sadly then hugged you. "I got you, (Y/N), its okay. Its okay." She rubbed my back, "Thank you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you." "Its really no problem, sweetheart. You've been friends with our family way too long for me not to help you."

After staying with Mrs. Holt for a few days, I decided I should get back on my feet and get a job. After all, I knee that my future cravings weren't going to be cheap. Going through job advertisements, I stopped when I saw the Galaxy Garrison was looking for a teacher for the fighter pilot class. I smirked then showed the ad to Mrs. Holt, "Are you sure, (Y/N)? I really don't need," I cut her off, "of course. I'll do what I can." She looked at me, until I groaned, "And I won't push myself too hard." She smiled, then I hopped on my hoverbike to the Garrison.