Chapter 16

**Jungkook's POV**

I awkwardly cleared my throat as Taehyung lifted his head to meet my gaze. 

" You ready? " I asked, walking past him to turn the shower on. 

" Y-yeah. " He said in a quiet voice as I turned the knobs on the shower. Soon, water sprayed out of the shower head, filling the quiet room with noise. I turned around the see Taehyung quickly avert his eyes away from me. He's acting extremely shy, but I still find it cute. I walked over to him and took both of his hands into my own. 

" You look more nervous than you should be. " I said. He kept his head down and stared at the floor.  After a few seconds, he finally lifted his head again. 

" L-look at that wall. I want to go first. " He said, pointing to a wall. I don't understand his thinking since I'm going to see him in a few minutes anyway, but I still complied. I heard shuffling noises from behind me, followed by the opening and closing of the shower curtain. 
" Y-you can come now. " I heard him say and turned around. His clothes were piled on the floor and the curtain was closed. I hummed to myself removing my own clothes and adding them to the pile he started. Before I opened the curtain, I decided that I should make sure he's okay. 

" I can come in, right? " I asked, waiting for a response. I heard more shuffling before a quiet 'yeah' emitted from inside the shower. I slid the curtain open enough for my body to fit through and entered the shower. He was sitting in the corner with his knees up in an attempt to hide himself while staring at the wall next to him. I sat on the floor as well, letting the warm water trickle down my back. 

" Come here, darling. " I said, motioning him over with my hands. He didn't make eye contact but maneuvered himself over to me anyways. He sat in between my legs as I back hugged him, still looking extremely nervous. 
" You have no reason to be embarrassed. You are so beautiful. " I quietly said. I want to make him relax. 

" W-what? " He whispered, but I could still easily hear him. I smiled and poked his stomach playfully. 

" You heard what I said. Every aspect of you is completely stunning. " I said, truthfully meaning my words. I hope he knows that I absolutely adore him and nothing can change that. 

" D-do you actually mean that or are you just saying it to make me feel good about myself? " He asked. Well, maybe he doesn't know. 

" That's an unfair question. What if it's both? " I said. 

" How can it be both? " He asked. 

" Well, obviously I want you to feel good about yourself because it would make me sad for you to think badly of yourself when you are so so beautiful. If you're asking if I actually think the things I tell you, I do. Everything about you is lovely, but maybe I also want you to see yourself the way I see you. " I said, trying my best to explain what I meant. I felt him relax and snuggle into my chest, sighing happily. I tightened my hold around him as we both felt at peace under the warm water. 

However, I had to break the peaceful atmosphere. We still need to do what a shower is actually for. 

"Baby, we need to wash ourselves at some point. " I said, smiling when I heard him giggle. 

" I know, but I haven't felt this relaxed in a long time. " He said, clinging to me like a koala. I smiled making him stand up and hearing him squeak. 

" I'll make sure to make you relax again. For now, we have stuff to do. " I said as he frowned, but nodded anyway. I turned him around as I grabbed the soap from the stand it was on. He turned his head to face me, a curious glint in his eyes. I lathered some of the soap on my hands and rubbed it onto his shoulders. He seemed comfortable now and that made me happy. He rinsed the soap off with the water before doing the same thing to me. We did the same thing with shampoo before I shut the water off and got out of the shower.