Red Dahlias

[Ciel P.O.V.]

Out of disbelief, I slightly grinned. There was definitely more than 5 hunters around the room. From nearby, I could see that there were two groups of 5 wandering around the perimeter of room. Another group of 5 lingered in front of the room itself. I instantly recognized Izumi and Kris. They were standing in the front, looking out as if everything around them was dangerous. How were we supposed to get the ring without causing a scene?

Psssst.. Ciel! Ciel!

I turned my head to see Oka suddenly standing there. She cautiously looked around before heading in my direction. "Oka?", I asked, "What're you doing here?" "Something has come up", she replied with a desolate smile, "It would appear that something different has been planned for today's event." "And that would be?", I muttered. "It would appear that Eriko-san has added more guards around the ring", she said, "I have a feeling that she knows something is going to happen." The name "Eriko" didn't ring a bell to me but somehow it sounded familiar. "In other words, she's waiting for us?", I asked. Oka nodded her head. "Think about it Ciel", she said, "Why else would she suddenly raise the amount when she originally ordered for 5 people to watch the ring? Even the hunters that are currently on patrol were informed about the original amount. It's possible that someone has told her to be careful." "It's just like what Kana said then", I replied with a frown, "There's a third party involved." "Indeed", Oka mumbled, "And if that's the case, we need to know who they are." "But exactly how are we gonna do that?", I snapped, "They could be anyone! Unless.." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ara? What is it Kana? What's wrong?"

At the moment, Botan and I were both standing in front of the ring room. That girl known as Izumi was here but her eyes were vacant. They looked lifeless, something that only a doll would possess. "Do you see this?", I asked Botan as I moved past her and into the room. Botan lingered around her before following after me. "Now that you mention it", I heard her say, "They're all lacking emotion. Even the others have the same look in their eyes. Why is that?" I continued farther into the room until I spotted the ring. It was resting in the center of two wooden koi fish, which were made to appear as if it were swimming around it. I reached into the pocket on the side of my jacket and pulled out a few of the beads that had been scattered around the house. "What's that for?", Botan asked as we stood in front of the ring. I held the beads out in front of me and waited for them to glow. But they didn't. I returned the beads to the pocket of my jacket and turned around to face Botan. A curious expression lingered on her face as she waited for an explanation. The both of us left the room and stood outside. A gust of wind blew by as dust rose. The people watching the room didn't even stir. 

"Even if those two had managed to get to this room", I said as I glanced around, "They wouldn't have been able to get the ring. It's not real." "You could tell?", Botan asked. "The beads that you saw earlier", I replied, "They have a strong reaction to tainted things. Demons and such. But it didn't react when I held it near the ring. The ring itself should emit some form of light around it. And these guards?" We both stared at their desolate expressions. "They're illusions. Imitations. Although, they would react as though they were real. Someone has purposely placed them here. The real ones aren't here." "If that's the case, then what do you plan to do now Kana?" I smirked. "What else?", I mischievously replied. "We're going to do a little investigating." "But what about Ciel and Oka?", I heard Botan ask from somewhere behind me. I looked over my shoulder and shrugged. "They can wait until the wedding takes place", I mumbled. "I have a feeling that we'll be reunited with a few familiar faces today."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Oka P.O.V.]

As everyone began to gather into the courtyard, I could only listen to their enthusiasm. Beside me, Ciel frowned. It had only been an hour or so since we arrived but there was a sudden change to the schedule. While we were blending in with the others, a small group of three came by and made an announcement. During this time, Ciel and I were both working to prepare one of the venues. I didn't recognize who those three were but they said something about having the wedding occur a few hours earlier than the set time. Confused faces appeared in the room as they announced this. Some even asked why. Ciel and I listened to their explanation.

"We have learned that an unwanted group is planning to ruin Suzue and Mitsuru-sama's wedding", one of them explained, "Therefore, Eriko-sama has decided to have the wedding take place in an hour from now. We hope that you understand the situation. We're trying to locate our unwanted guests before something happens. Until then, please stop with what you're doing and head over to the courtyard. The wedding will take place very shortly."

And just like that, we did what they were told and headed to the courtyard. By the time we arrived, the courtyard had already been decorated with white lilies and red dahlias. Rows of chairs decorated in white ribbon were already set up to witness the event. At this point, Ciel and I couldn't do anything. We were in a bad position.

"Oka..", I heard Ciel ask, "Are you okay?" I glanced at her and slightly smiled. "Yeah", I lied. "I'm.. okay." Yet in reality, I felt sick. What were we supposed to do now? Before we knew it, the wedding precession began. As Suzue walked down the isle in her white kimono, I couldn't help but be reminded of how that was once supposed to be me. Yet here I was now, watching as someone else walked down the aisle for me. My heart sank when I saw Mitsuru waiting for her. A smile lingered on his face as she approached him. They exchanged a few words before turning to the priest. I looked away in dismay. That was when I was suddenly overcome by a feeling of warmth. I turned to the aisle to see Yuuko walking down with the ring. For some reason, it looked as though the ring was emitting a soft, faded blue light.

"Ciel?", I quietly asked. "What is it?", she asked in return. "Do you see that?" "See what?" Our gazes followed Yuuko as he slowly began to approach Suzue and Mitsuru. "That blue light..", I mumbled as he walked past our row of chairs. "Do you see that blue light?" "I do but what is.." Ciel and I both looked up as we caught sight of a shadow flying over us. It was Botan, who was nonchalantly floating over us on her broom. She waved her hand and smiled. We both looked at her, confused. She pointed towards the main venue before disappearing to the other side of the Main House. Ciel and I turned back to the main venue to see Kana suddenly standing there. But it didn't look like anyone could see her. She smirked when we made eye contact. Ciel scowled at her. I didn't know what she was going to do. Kana appeared to have pulled something out of her pocket. It looked like.. the ring? No, it couldn't be, I thought. The ring was with Yuuko. 

Whatever it had been, Kana decided to throw it between Yuuko, Suzue, and Mitsuru. To my surprise, a burst of red dahlia petals suddenly appeared. Shortly after, the dahlias that had been used as decorations, also exploded into a burst of petals. Many of them stood up, trying to comprehend the situation. I turned back to Kana, who waved her hand and disappeared. "What's going on!?" "What's happening!?" My eyes landed on Suzue, who had a distraught expression on her face. As they tried to figure out what happened, Eriko finally appeared with those three from earlier. It looked like she was trying to rush Mitsuru on giving Suzue the ring but as he lifted the ring up to her hand, there was a gleam of silver that appeared then disappeared by his hand. A horrified expression appeared on Eriko's face.

"STOP!", a loud voice suddenly rang from the entrance of the courtyard. It was nostalgic and rushed, yet reassuring enough to breathe. Amidst all the commotion, everyone turned to see who it was. And sure it enough, it was him.