"Baby Steps!"

Kai's POV
I woke up from a hand slapping my face. I looked over and saw a sprawled Naruto with a walrus hat on and drool.
I might as well make him breakfast.

I got dressed in my Jōnin uniform and went into the kitchen. I opened the cupboard and saw a whole mess of empty Ramen cups. 'I told you that you've forgot something.' My mom said.

'Sorry, I had a long day.' I thought. 'Ya know I can hear you right?' My mother replied.

I sighed and cleaned up the cups. I opened the refrigerator and saw nothing that I can make breakfast with.

I sighed again and went out the house so I can get some ingredients.

⚫⚪⚫

I returned with all the UN-EXPIRED (A/N just imagine that exaggerated 😂)
Ingredients. I made eggs bacon and toast. I made me and Naruto a plate and I started eating.

"*Yawn* mmmm what's that smell." I heard Naruto say from his room. Naruto walked in and saw me eating.

"Morning Whiskers, I made you breakfast. Now hurry up we have to be at the bridge" I said eating my crunchy toast.

"Is this a dream or....." Naruto said he then rubbed his eyes and they widened.

"THIS IS EVERYTHING I WISHED FOR, BELIEVE IT!" Naruto went to pick up his toast. I swatted his hand away.

"What why you won't let me eat?" Naruto whined. "Wash up and get dressed. Then you can eat." I said waving my finger.

"Ugh, okay fine." He said.

◽◼◽

I was almost done with my breakfast then Naruto came out the bathroom. "Ahhhh, here comes sweet heaven." Naruto said walking to the table.

I finished my eggs and saw Naruto all done. I felt my eyes come out of my head. "How did you eat that fast?!" I asked. "You eat faster when the foods better, believe it! Thanks, Kai." Naruto said.

"Your welcome I'm your guardian anyway that's my job. Now let's go." I said. We walked out and Naruto locked the door.

"Race ya?!" Naruto asked. "Better believe it!" I said and started running. "Hey that's my line!" I heard Naruto yelled.

Ugh I might as well pick it up a notch. I started going half my speed. I couldn't even see Naruto behind me. I could trick him.
I made a clone look like she's running but a bit slower than Naruto speed.

I wasn't looking ahead of me and I bumped into Sasuke and fell on the floor. "Oh I was running that fast?" I mumbled to myself.

"Yeah! And you bumped right into Sasuke!" Sakura yelled. I ignored her comment. "My dad still didn't arrive yet?" I asked Sasuke.
"Yeah, shorty." Sasuke said. He reached his hand out to me. I could've sworn I saw red on his face. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up.

"Still light as a feather I see." Sasuke said. "Hair still looks like a ducks ass I see." I said.
"Well, I think Sasuke's hair is cool." Sakura butted in.

I heard running footsteps. I looked and saw Naruto.
"Hey! If you're here then what was that?" Naruto asked.
I had a smirk on my face. "It was a clone." I said. "That counts as cheating!" Naruto said. "No it does not." I said.
"Does too." " Does not!" We went back and forth. Until Naruto caught Sasuke's hand still with mine. He then caught Sasuke's gaze.

I let go off Sasuke's hand as they continued glaring. They turned their backs against each other. I stepped closer to Sakura. I sighed as an irk mark appeared on my forehead.
"They've been like this ever since the land of waves. It's like being stuck with a couple of children." I mumbled.