Chapter Two

~Eren's POV~ 

I had been icing my ankle for well over an hour and I was honestly getting bored of it. The nurse's beds did seem comfy though, but I'd rather go to class on my first day of school than stay here.

"Excuse me?" I softly said out of the blue.

A few shuffling noises were made before a lady in a nurse's outfit opened the curtains, "Yes Eren?"

"I think I'm okay now..."

She stared at me in disbelief, then left the area. Thirty seconds went by and she retuned with a long beige strap to wrap my bruised ankle. Once done she nodded and left the bed that I was staying at. I'm guessing that meant that I could finally go back to class. 

Getting out of bed, I limped over to the empty hallway. No one was in sight. Leaning against the wall for aid, I made my way towards the stairs I had taken before. 

With one hop after the other, I finally arrived at the foot of the staircase.

"This is gonna be a challenge," I murmured to myself. 

Clutching the rail, I slowly walked up the steep stairs. I couldn't even count how many times I had hopped. Panting, I took a break to catch my breath. Finally after a good five minutes, I reached the sliding door of Class 3-A. 

Opening the door, everyone stared at me with upmost worry. 

"Eren!" Jean screamed and got up for his seat to help me to mine.

I'm surprised he's actually worried about me because we barely even talked this morning. 

Wrapping my arm around his neck, he helped me to my empty desk. Levi wasn't in the room, he must've got in quite the amount of trouble. I could sense the eyes of every student glued to the back of my head as I sat down.

"Well class...this is Eren Jaeger. She's a new student starting today. She got into a little accident this morning, but she seems to have returned obviously. I hope you all will treat her well," the teacher spoke. 

I wasn't spending much time listening to the boring lectures, the only thing on my mind was the boy; Levi Ackerman. He was such an asshole, but for some reason I can't get him out of my head. My thoughts were then interrupted by the small ringing of the school bell. Lunch was about to start.

Gotta find Armin! 

Ignoring all my classmates, I lightly skipped with my injured foot and into his classroom. Glancing into the packed room, I couldn't find only friend. A frown came as I continued to stare at each and every person in Armin's class. That dude Reiner was even there sitting with a tall kid with dark hair. They seemed to get along well. 

Suddenly a person why blonde hair walked by me. I was confused at first, but then I tapped the person on the shoulder hoping it was Armin.

The person turned around to reveal a lovely girl with hair longer than Armin's. 

"Oh sorry, I thought you were my other friend!" I apologized while rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Oh it's okay! I'm Historia, I'm guessing you thought I was Armin, right?" She replied.

"Haha yeah...do you know where he is? I'm a new student here, my name's Eren," I added.

"Oh! You're the girl everyone's talking about!"

I tilted my head out of confusion at her statement. I haven't met one person to supposedly knew me. I held my hands and began to twirl my thumbs.