Chapter Seventeen

~Eren's POV~

Armin pushed me away ready to endure any pain Levi was about to deliver. My already dirtied uniform now had a few rips across the skirt which I knew my parents weren't going to be happy about. 

But paying attention to the current situation, I couldn't let neither of them hurt each other. Well mainly, I couldn't let Levi hurt Armin. We all know this cute lil' mop top has no chance against him. 

After getting up from the grass, I was shocked at how Armin stood this grounds ready to receive what was coming. Being patient, Levi gave Armin a threatening shove to start off the brawl. People in the eye's view of the situation came in and surrounded to two. 

Levi towered over Armin like he was nothing.

"So Armin, eh? You're telling me that you like Eren?" Levi questioned.

"I'm not going to deny it, but answer me this; are you going to beat up every guy that thinks you're girlfriend is beautiful girl? Huh?!" Armin shouted.

"If it means keeping Eren to myself then yes!" 

"Levi!" I interrupted, "I'm not some prize!" 

Levi shoved me off with body language and continued to focus on Armin. The mop top didn't show any signs of fear, I don't even get it. Why is Armin trying so hard?

"You're so selfish," Armin calmly commented making Levi's blood boil.

I could see that Levi was gritting his own teeth trying to hold back his urge to kill the boy. After all, both of them have already fought before and everyone knows who won that round. 

"I could care less about your opinions, you brat!" Levi replied with a smirk as he planted he feet as if he were about to pounce at Armin.

The fact that all I could be was a bystander was bothering me more than anything. I have no idea what to say in order to make these idiots stop. If Armin doesn't shut his mouth then Levi will beat him until he's just blood and guts. 

"You guys need to stop this now!" I screamed while stepping between the two with my arms out, "I'm going to say this once and only once. Levi, you are my boyfriend and Armin, you are my best friend. Those are the stats right now and that's how it's gonna be for a while. I hate seeing the two people I love most fight like this. Like I said to Armin before, no matter how many times you physically hurt each other. It mentally hurts me as well."

Glancing to my right, my arms dropped down to my sides when I saw Levi's body relax. Turning my head, I already knew Armin was calm from the beginning. I finally managed to crack a smile once the two actually cooled down. 

"I'm...sorry, Eren," Levi apologized first, "I should've started this."

Armin nodded before talking, "Yeah same. I'm sorry for everything. For not telling you about my feelings early on, for kissing you yesterday, for arguing with Levi, and for telling Mikasa you're a boy."

My body froze. My brain felt all fuzzy and hot, yet my face felt cold as ice. All my limbs began to shake to the point where I couldn't even walk. Tears were already seeping down my cheeks are I scanned the bustling audience as they stared back at me in disgust.

This can't be happening. Please don't tell me they jus heard what Armin said.

They know...I'm a boy...

With the amount of people surrounding this battle, they for sure heard every word. The sounds of gasp and small murmurs is all that hovered over the circling crowds. 

With teary eyes, I stuttered, "Armin...the point of secrets...is to keep them." 

His face went pale as he covered his mouth with his hands. Trying to comfort me, he cupped my cheeks and held my head close to his chest, "Eren...I'm didn't mea-"

"It's fine, don't say it," I didn't even have enough energy to swat his hands off me. I didn't even have enough energy to scream. I didn't have enough energy to run away from the truth. 

I just walked. 

Lightly pushing the people out of my way, I left the court yard and entered the school building leaving a sea of people who knew my secret. And that secret will spread throughout the school like an immortal weed. 

I first headed to the bathroom to remove the toy I still had inside me. Didn't take long. Once leaving, I returned to the hall.

Everything felt heavy and my eyes wouldn't stop leaking. Sluggishly strolling through the halls, numbers of student stared at my mournful expression as I made my way to the front doors of the school the building. 

The thought of Armin nor Levi didn't even popped up in my head. All that whirled in my brain was which school I'm going to have to beg my parents to transfer to next. This same thing happened at my old school and no one bothered accepting me. Yeah, I'm aware that it was an all girls-school and it only for those who are biology female. But the girls there didn't even give me a second thought. Once they found out, the only human communication that was interpreted in my ears were things like 'perv' and 'creep'.

I shouldn't even think of the insults this public school of both boys and girls will say to me when I ever were to return. More like if I return.

Faggot.

Fairy.

Pansy.

Crosse.

There's an infinite list in my head, but my subconscious has ninety percent of those locked away to keep me sane. I'd prefer to never even think of those terms. It's those people who are wrong...right? They're wrong, not me. I can be who I want to be...and like who I want to like.

Why does different equal bad? 

Why is it so hard to be yourself? 

I just wanna know why. Is that so hard?

~~~

[hi guys, I'm back]

[this chapter is short i know & book is ending soon BUT]

[UPDATE: next book I'm writing is (idea 1) where Eren falls in love with his best friend's (mikasa=bff) brother (levi=brother). It's about eren keeping mikasa from finding out blah blah]

[either coming out tonight or tmrw, it's called 'Hello & Goodbye']

[thx, much love]