Chapter Eleven

~Eren's POV~

I hadn't realized it at the moment, but when Levi had grabbed my waist, he had dug his nails into my skin when we were on the roof. There was only a little blood, but not a lot to be noticed. 

When walking into my classroom, I held my sides in pain while I rushed over to my desk. Everyone was staring yet again, but it wasn't flattering like it normally was. It was the eyes of negative judgement. The feeling where no matter where you hide, people always tend to find you and nag at your deepest secrets and insecurities. 

The stress was too much for me. Out of anxiety, I gripped the hair on my head and subtly pulled it still creating pain.

"Stop that," a monotone voice spoke right next to me.

I recognized that voice from anywhere, "Go away Levi."

"I'm not Levi."

I glanced up in disbelief to confirm. It really wasn't Levi, it was Mikasa. They're so much alike it kind of scares me. They have the same behavior yet they're just different genders. Mikasa leaned down to poke my waist causing me to flinch with pain.

She looked looked up and with her face I could tell she was asking 'what's this'. The small blood stain was getting bigger. Covering the scratch with my hand in a panic, I tried to make up an excuse, "I fell down the stairs when walking down the stairs!" 

She raised an eye brow while standing up straight, "You should go to the nurse."

"I'm fine, really!" I said holding in the agony that I was truly feeling. 

"Get up, I'll take you," she insisted after grabbing hold of my arm and pulling me out of my seat. 

The moment I left the classroom, Levi walked in with his head down. He hadn't seem to notice me which I wasn't sure if I was happy or sad about. He looked to be lost in thought when he returned to the classroom. 

The walk to the nurses office was alright up until I saw a certain mop top sitting on one of the beds. I knew he didn't want to see so I acted as if he wasn't there. He was laying down, so he hadn't noticed me yet.

"Oh hello, Ms. Jaeger! What brings you here?" The nurse asked as she removed her eyes from the computer screen that she was deeply intrigued in. 

"I hurt my waist," I mumbled while staring down at my feet.

"Alright, thank you, Ms. Ackerman, for bringing her. I'll take it from here!" The nurse said after Mikasa nodded and left without a word. The nurse then asked, "Now can you lift your shirt for me?"

Nervous for her response, I slowly raised the hem of my shirt just above my belly button to reveal several and obvious nail insertions all across my sides. The nurse looked shocked as ever, "Did someone grab you tightly, Eren? Are you okay? Did this happen at school or at home?" 

I shook my head only because I didn't want to answer any of the questions, "Can you just stop the bleeding, please?" 

She looked worried before accepting my offer and seating me down on a bed. There was a curtain that separated me from Armin, but I knew he heard everything. The nurse came over and lifted my shirt off of me. In the school records, it says I'm male so I know she knows I'm a boy. I was only cautious because anyone could come into the nurse's office and see me; a flat-chested boy. 

The nurse had placed a few large bandages on the cuts after cleaning the wounds.

"Good as new!" She said with a smile, "You should stay here before you go back to class. Just rest!"

I nodded before getting under the cheap covers of the nurse's bed. It was quite warmer than I thought and it was very comforting. 

Too many things happened today and some are pleasant and others are disturbing. I woke up in the same bed as Levi, Armin was screaming at me, Levi and I were eating lunch together, people were staring at me, Levi kissed me, and I ended up in the nurse. 

A subtle screeching noise was made when the curtains were yanked open to reveal the mop top. Armin stood there glaring down at me as if to say 'I told you so'. 

"Armin...I want to be alone right now," I murmured as I turned my body away from him. 

"Huh? Why? Aren't we friends though?" He asked while he sat down on the end of the bed.

"Are you bipolar or something? Or did you forget our conversation that we had earlier?" The volume of my voice began to increase as I called Armin out.

"Hey...hey. I wanted to apologize for that, but I couldn't find you at lunch. I came to the nurse because it caused me to get a stress-headache. What I said about Levi...wasn't alright of me. I was just never really fond of him. I was fine with you having a crush on him, but now that you're together. I'm just worried and scared for you that's all," Armin gave a genuine smile before leaning in.

He made our lips touch ever so softly. No tongue. No french. Nothing. He pulled away as he ran his fingers through my hair. His face was a little pink as he got up from the bed.

"I like you," he confessed with the cutest smile, "I just wanted to kiss you once since you're dating Levi. I hope we can still be friends after what happened."

Armin left the room with a gentle wave of the hand. I didn't even say anything. I was not expecting that. Levi even hinted at it as well. How could I have been so blind by this obvious fact. 

Armin is actually gay...and he likes me...

I stared at the white ceiling as I pondered about that kiss. That kiss. That gentle kiss. Armin kissed me. My lips. Our lips touched. 

"The hell do I tell Levi?"

~~~

[short chapter i know]

[next chapter is short too, but the others'll be longer]

[kudos to those who are taking the time and reading this!! thanks guys]

[much love]