Chapter Eighteen

~Third Person POV~

The chattering of the people wouldn't stop even after Eren left the court yard. The words of judgement and disapproval were sprouting and they just kept growing. No even one positive word came out of the mouths of the bystanders.

Armin and Levi stood shocked. Not at each other, but the fact that Eren just left. Without a plead for help, acceptance, or comfort. 

Both observed the neighboring people as they began to shit talk about the only person they both loved. Armin's guilt was overflowing to the point where there was no possible way he could think rational in this situation. 

Although, everyone's attention was grabbed when a certain someone decided to blurt out a few words to the crowds.

"Hey pigs!" Levi bellowed angrily, "Are you all just sit around like headless chickens and judge one of your most loving and caring friends? Eren was always feeling targeted before you guys even found out his secret! Yeah I said it; his secret! Because Eren is a boy and we should still love him for who he is! Does the truth that he's a boy change that fact that he just wanted to be accepted, to be happy, to make you guys happy too?! I found out this week he was boy and I still loved him only because Eren is Eren! Eren isn't defined by his gender! God dammit, Armin knew since day one! There are secrets that all you guys have and what if someone found out?! You wouldn't be happy if someone started talking trash now would you?! No one wants to admit it, but we've all been there! And Eren's there right now, probably crying because of all the dirty, selfish, and judgmental words you guys are saying! If you're saying Eren's a bad guy for hiding it, then you guys need to change your perspective and think about the things you've said about that sweet homosexual boy! It was because he was afraid! Haven't you been afraid before?! You should be ashamed of yourselves for thinking and saying such rotten things! It's because of people like you the world so filthy and disgraceful! People like you are killing the world's happiness as we speak! He's more beautiful than any of you inside and out! So if you want to make a change and not be judgmental brats, you better fix your attitudes and accept Eren Jaeger for who is! He's fucking beautiful and if you can't see that...then you're blind. I pity you all if you can't see that."

Levi's lecture left the entire area silent. Not even a single breath could be heard in the mute audience. Even Armin was robbed of his own words. Everyone eyed Levi as he stormed out the court yard chasing after his love. 

Armin was left with the awkward feeling radiating in the horde from Levi's speech. It's like his aura stayed even though his physical body left. 

Looking over the sea of students, Armin began to notice familiar faces. Jean, Connie, Sasha, Marco, Reiner, and many more. Even the windows in the surrounding area were opened to witness the scene. 

The murmurs among the mass began to restart, however, Levi's word did seem to alter their perspective.

Still in awe, Armin stood stunned trying to replay in his head what had just occurred. 

Out of nowhere, Jean and Reiner emerged from the crowd, "Hey um...Armin? You good?"

Snapping out of his gaze, he stammered, "Y-yeah I'm good...just surprised. Really surprised..."

"So all this time, you liked Eren, even before he came to this school? You even liked him when you knew he was a boy?" Reiner asked while Bertholdt joined. 

"Yes...Do you have a problem with it?!" Armin snapped.

Shocked at his response, Reiner replied, "No! No! Not at all actually. What Levi said...that was...like wow. I mean like, I've known Eren to only be a cute girl...But like now, I still think he's cute. It's weird in my head, but at the same time...I'm happy."

"I don't get like sixty percent of what you just said, but that's great knowing you accept Eren. Could you guys do me a favor and spread the word to give Eren a positive label? Reiner, Bertholdt, and Jean? I'd appreciate it!" Armin pleaded. 

The three of them nodded before dispersing. 

~~~

[hi guys, short chapter blah blah]

[i went a lil over the top with levi's big ass speech bc it's like 30% of my harshful opinions lmao]

[support everyone's sexual orientation!!!]

[much love]