Chapter Ten

~Eren's POV~

Class had already started and like always I was never listening. The teachers always thought I was good student by the way I had always behaved around them. I'd do the work, but I would never try one hundred percent. 

Levi was kicking my seat behind me trying to grab my attention. While the teacher was writing on the board, I turned around to face him.

With a straight face he asked, "Can we go to your house tonight? Instead of mine?" 

I nodded before turning around to face the front of the classroom. Even though I never paid attention half of the time I was always scared to death when getting in trouble. I'm never mentally ready when it comes to that stuff. 

Rumors had already been spreading around the school ever since a number of people saw Levi and I holding hands this morning. I need to talk to Armin about it ASAP.

The lunch bell rang and I turned to talk to Levi, "Hey Levi, I'll be right back. I have to talk to someone."

"Is it Armin?" 

Shocked at how he answered correctly I nodded again. The moment I got up, I felt a hand lightly tap my butt. Looking back, I saw Levi staring me in the eyes with a smirk. With my face now red, I hurried out the classroom fixing my skirt. 

Once in the hallway, I could feel the people staring at me from all directions. I wasn't sure if it was because of my looks or because they heard rumors.

Entering Armin's homeroom, I scanned the surroundings and found him at the back of the room talking to someone. With a skip in my step, I went over to the mop top to greet him. Tapping him on the shoulder, he turned around with a startled look. 

"Hey Armin!" I addressed him.

"Oh...Hi Eren," he said without making eye contact.

"Can we talk? I have interesting drama to spill!" I said pulling Armin out of the class without permission. We ended up near the end of some unpopular hallway. Armin stood there still looking at the ground. 

"I already know," he mumbled.

"Huh?" I said turning my head so my ear was facing him.

"I said I already know! About you and Levi! Everyone nearly knows! News spread fast!" He yelled in my face. 

I was drawn back from his hostile response. I reached out to hold Armin's hand for comfort, but he instantly rejected me.

"What's gotten into?!" I blurted out after he slapped my hand, "What's so bad about Levi and I being together?! Tell me!"

"What's so bad? Are you asking me what's bad about-" Armin stopped before he finished his sentence as if he was hiding something, "What I'm trying to say is that there are so many better options than Ackerman! You should know that of all people! Do you know how many guys have come to ask me your number or if you're single?! Too many to count! I'm not some messenger bird! There are thousands of boys in this school you could choice from and you picked Levi...of all people!"

I was speechless. The amount of emotions inside of my head was overwhelming. Disrespect, doubt, betrayal, confusion. All of it.

"Getting a boyfriend isn't like shopping for clothes! I didn't just pick Levi, I like him so I told him that!" 

Armin had a disgusted face before turning around like a fed-up teenage girl. 

Did I just lose my best friend?

I waited until Armin was out of sight before I slid down against the school wall. Hugging my knees, I rejected the tears that wanted to burst out. I was happy for once in my life, honestly happy. When I woke up this morning, I didn't want to move because I didn't want to leave Levi's side. He was actually smiling too and it made me feel all warm inside. Like I was the one who caused him to smile. That made me happy.