Chapter Four

~Eren's POV~

Currently, it was the second day of school and I was barely paying any attention to my teachers. The bell for the third class had just rang and everyone waited for the next class to start. 

I hadn't made the effort to talk to anyone in the class, but from what I've seen, they're the ones that want to talk to me. 

Crossing my legs in my seat, I twirled my mechanical pencil out of boredom. Levi was still sitting behind me, but he had headphones in. I wanted to talk to him, but I'm not even sure what to talk about. 

Finally fed up, I quickly got up from my seat and walked out to the hall to search for Armin. Looking in his homeroom, he was nowhere to be found. My body walked on it's own as I trailed through the halls of the school. Being in a random mood to walk is common for me. Although this time, I had no idea where I was headed. 

Pausing my stroll, I turned to look out the window. It was clearly going to rain sometime during the day based on the dark cloud that started to roll in. Whilst leaning over, my feet jumped when I felt a hand graze my ass. 

Turning around immediately, I found two tall boys with smirks across their faces.

"Hey cutie, I heard you're the new girl!" One spoke. He was quite large and had hair short dark brown hair and his friend looked older than him. He had hair similar to Jean's, but it was thicker. They definitely weren't my type.

"My name's Olou, and this here is my friend Gunther!" Olou said while stepping closer to me, "Could we possibly get your number?"

The feeling of my face heating up was the only thing I was worried about at the moment. I must've looked like an idiot, but at the same time, it's kinda of nice being flirted with. Makes me feel confident in myself in a way. 

"Um...sorry, but...I'm only giving numbers to boys who I'm interested in," I replied while stepping closer to him with a sneer printed across my face. My exposed leg was near to touching his, "Sorry sweetheart!" 

Fixing my skirt, I passed the two in utter disbelief. 

"Oh and boys...don't ever touch me without permission. If we were in a relationship, I'd be the one doing most of the touching," I added while I walked back to my classroom.

I could literally sense their bewilderment after that conversation. 

Being bummed out that I couldn't find Armin, I returned to my classroom to find a swarm of girls laughing and giggling.

Bet you money that they're talking shit about someone.

The second I entered the room, all the girls turned to me in excitement. They all crowded around me saying different things all at the same time. The confusion circling through my head was through the roof when I demanded for clarification.

"What do you guys want!" I bellowed over their chattering.

A girl who had her hands full of bread and sandwiches from the school store spoke up first, "Hi, I'm Sasha! We're all in your grade and we were just talking about how we wanted to be your friend! You're honestly so pretty!" 

The surrounding girls nodded in agreement. There was around four more not including Sasha.

Still confused, I confronted the offer, "Why didn't you ask me yesterday then? I've barely talked with anyone."

Sasha continued, "Oh because I'm the only person in your class, the rest are in other classes. They only heard of you and came to me to ask if you were really in my class."

Looking around the circling clique, the only people that stood out were Sasha with her several bags of food and a girl almost my height with strawberry blonde hair.

I smiled at the girl as she picked up her hand and ran it through my hair. She seemed so intrigued in the care of my long locks. The girl with the red-blonde hair didn't even say a word while playing with my hair.

"Hey, I'm Eren. What's your name?" I asked the overly touchy girl.

"Oh! My name's Petra...I heard Jean and Levi got into a fight because of you...Is that true?" She asked now using two hands.

"Oh yeah tell me about that! Jean nor Levi can hear us whispering so it's fine," Sasha murmured as the other girls closed in.

"Oh um...it was nothing. Levi got mad at me because I was sitting in his seat yesterday. He was so mad, he was nearly screaming at me. That's when Jean tried to defend me, but Levi literally threw him into my desk!" I explained with slight excitement.

Petra's face lit up with contentment every time I said Levi's name. Sasha tried to hold in her laughs, but failed miserably.

"That's priceless Eren! Did you know that Petra has a crazy crush on Levi also, it's kind of funny hearing this story about Petra's'dream boy'."

Petra instantly hid the blush forming on her cheeks after Sasha exposed her. 

"Oh...I don't know much about him. He's only my biology partner for Hanji's class," I added.

Petra's smile soon faded as I told her. 

Was that lack of support a form of jealously? I kinda of feel bad and I don't want her to get the wrong idea about anything. 

"Hey um...Petra? I'm not interested in Levi, don't worry! I'm actually hanging out with him today after school for the bio project, I could ask him about you if you'd like!" I offered brightening up the awkwardness and tension of the situation.

"Oh that's be great!" She grabbed my small body and pulled my in for a hug. Although something happened that I didn't expect. While hugging, Petra mumbled into my ear, "Don't mess with me when it comes to Levi, bitch."

Her laugh returned as she removed her arms from around me. I was still shocked by the time the girls left. 

Someone so innocent and kind looking just spoke those words to me.

Her words still resinated inside my head as I reseated myself in front of Levi. But before anything could get any worse, my prediction on rain came true. Looking out the window came water pouring from the sky like God myself was having a mental breakdown. 

Ms. Hanji barged through the door full of energy with a large bin. She never wore a frown on her face which creeped me out. 

"Hey students! Loving this rain right? Hope you guys are still working on your projects!" 

Happily, Hanji handed everyone a few Petri dishes to start the experiment. 

There was a light tap on my shoulder after the teacher finished passing everything out. Turning around, Levi stared at me colder than the rain outside. 

"Yes...Levi?" I asked with a high amount of discomfort.

"Instead of going home then going to my house, you should just go straight to my house with me. The rain's coming down hard," he suggested in a strict voice. 

He was right though. It was raining cats and dogs to the point where even I was feeling a little scared. 

"Oh yeah sure..." I accepted his offer.

Time for another play date! I'm kidding. This is literally making my heart race a million miles per hour.