chapter 5

Your pov.

Carlos and I made our way back to the school with dude after the events from earlier. Neither of us talked about them magic or the fall, we rather acted like it never happened. As we talked we walked the track and the tourny feild and even under the bleachers. Around 11 we decided to take a break and sat on the bleachers as dude ran around the feild.

"Hey (y/n) we're you at the game where been started singing about how much he loved Mal?" Carlos asked me with a slight laugh.

I thought back to all the games I've been to. I did remember that one. The whole team joined in and was dancing with the prince. It was really funny actually to see my brother dancing around and flipping. Then Ben crowd surfed all the way to the VKs. I laughed that the memory. Then turned back to Carlos and nodded.

He laughed again then said "well do you know why he did that?"

"Because he loves Mal, and is extremely extra?" I joked

"Nope." The boy said "It was actually because we put a love spell on him."

My heart stopped for a second. A love spell? No wonder ben followed her like a puppy. She could have asked him to destroy the kingdom and get would have done it. Mal must be extremely powerful to be able to make that kinda spell. I guess Carlos say my shocked look because he nervously laughed

"Don't worry (y/n) we won't be doing that again. We just spelled him because we wanted to be closer to the wand so ya you were there for that part." I put a hand on his shoulder. The memory of their attempted evil deed seemed to hurt him

I smiled to him and said "yeah I know, and I think it was cool." He looked kinda confused so I continued with "look it takes alot to get as fair as y'all did. You are all very special and skilled that how you managed to do it. Don't be ashamed."

He still looked confused as he processed my words. Then he nodded at me and we looked back at dude. We sat in silence with our hands gripping the edge of the bleachers. I glanced down and saw how tightly he was gripping. His knuckles were turning white. I took in a breath and did something I didn't think I would ever do. I slid my hand across the ends of the metal seat until our fingers brushed together. His grip loosened and I heard him take in a breath. I scooted my hand away slightly then felt his move closer. We gently linked pinkies and both of our hands relaxed.

I looked down at our locked pinkies and smiled. It felt nice even though it was something so small. The warmth from his hand was calming too. My thoughts were interrupted my him laughing slightly. We both looked at each other and laughed lightly under our breath. I scooted closer to him and he moved twords me. We eventually lifted out hands up and laid out palms together (Tarzan style).  Our eyes met then both looked at out hands then met again. Just as we started to lock fingers I heard.

"(Y/N)!!" From the feild.

Panicked we put out hands down and looked away. I looked out to the feild and saw my cousins Andrew and Elizabeth. Andrew is Aunt Anna and uncle Christof's son he's 16. Elizabeth on the other hand is 13 she's aunt Elza's daughter. They were both waving at me and I waved back. I turned to Carlos and a blush came to my cheeks.

"I better go see them." I said and began to stand "thank you for letting me walk dude with you."

"Uh yeah!" The boy spit out quickly "I liked you. GETTING TO KNOW YOU I mean. Um. I'll see you again soon right?"