chapter 6

Jane's pov

The day after the coronation was slow for everybody. Most people haven't even gotten out of bed yet at noon. Unfortunately mother says that I should use the extra quite time to catch up on some studying. Not wanting to disappoint her anymore after what happened yesterday I obeyed and got up at 10. I've been in the library since then. The whole time only a few kids have come in and out. Most just checked out a movie or textbook then left but one girl stayed. I didn't recognize her immediately so I slowly went to shelves that we're closer to her. She was in a deep red dress, had (h/c) hair that seemed a little messy. Not I just woke up messy but I've been functioning messy. She was quitely writing in a letter bound journal too. I still couldn't guess who she was. Had I seen her before?

I thought that maybe I could get more clues if I looked in her journal. That's when I saw the magic. As she wrote the words turned gold then new words appeared under it. I squinted my eyes and tried to read what was written. All I could make out was "get your hands on king Ben's crown therefore astablishing yourself as ruler of Auradon. Then you'll be able to lower the barrior around the isle." I gasped slightly and stepped closer to the book shelf. This girl is going to take over Auradon. Before I could run she stood and turned to me.

"Hey Jane." She smiled and I tried to act normal.

I guess I didn't do to well since her kind look turned to a suspicious one. The girl.moved closer to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. Her (e/c) eyes threw daggers at me as I cowered.

"You didn't read my journal did you?" She said. Her tone was still kinda but venom laced through it.

"I.. uh.. I well..."

"I knew it!" She hissed "power from with in this being combined with my own simmer inside me until my own power is grown."

As the girl sang her words gold magic flew from her hands and her hair started glowing. I felt myself become weaker and weaker. Once her song was finished I dropped to the floor and she bent over me giving me the scariest look I have ever seen.

"You tell anyone about this and I'll do more then just take your power do you understand me." I nodded in response then gathered what little energy I had left to run away from the library not turning back.

Your pov

After Jane ran out of the library I fell to my knees. I felt the spell working. I felt more power flowing in my vains more magic then ever. In all honesty I didn't even know jane had magic herself. The plan was to just scare her and thinking that I cursed her something so that she wouldn't tell anyone what she read. Ends up that girl had magic well more for me then I guess. Using a table I helped myself to my feet and grabbed my journal. I decided to tell my Nona that I used the spell so I opened it and exsplained what just happened and asked if I should focus on any one in particular. I closed the journal before i even got a response.

And then took out my phone to check the time. 2: 30 is what it read. I don't look down at the date. Saturday. Of course. I need to go upstairs and pack a bag on Sunday my parents always expect me in Flynn at home so we can have a family dinner. That means that are about 6 today Flynn and I will be on our way to Corona. Since it's a meeting with my parents I have to go Tiara and all.

I slowly made my way to the stairwell and up to the girls dorms. When I got to my room I open the door quietly just in case Ally was still asleep. I peered inside and she was gone she must have woken up already. That allowed me to close the door without caution and head over to my closet. I smiled at my red clothes then remembered that I would have to wear purple for my mother. Plants at the journal thinking that I should probably ask Nana about a spell but then one came to me all the sudden.

I took out my Sunday dress. It was a lovely red color right now but I know it wouldn't be approved of. So I took it out and laid it  on my bed. I focused on the dress and held my hands out.

"Lovely Sade of red is this dress turn it back to a purple mess."  I said as golden Magic left my hand and covered the dress. When the magic left it was back to it's original purple.

I then took the dress and packed it into a small backpack then packed underclothes and some white flats

I then took the dress and packed it into a small backpack then packed underclothes and some white flats. That outfit will be perfect for my parents. I'll look like nothing has changed. It's just what I need. After throwing in a few extra necessities I laid on my bed and opened my journal. Nona had replied telling me the person who I should drain power from.

"Your mother should be your next target." Is all she wrote.

I will have to drain my own mother of her power. I thought for a minute. Should I really do that to my mother? I laughed slightly at my own hesitation. Why should I spare her. She's allowed me to stay second rate. The spare of the family. Over looked contently. She deserves what's coming to get has much at Flynn does. As much as everyone for ignoring my existence for so long.

I waited a few move hours just hanging in my room watching TV, reading, and playing on my phone. Honestly I was just trying to waste some time before I go down for dinner and then leave for my parents. At around 5 their was a knock on my door. Tiredly I got out of bed and opened my door.  Once open I saw the VKs all standing their smiling at me.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously.

Im not use to visiters. Especially visiters when Ally isn't here. Occasionally her friends come up to get her but I doubt the VKs are here for her. They stood together all 4 of them. Mal and Carlos in the front with Evie and Jay behind them.

"Hey." Mal said with a smile

"Whatcha need?" I asked looked directly at Carlos for the awnser.

H

e smiled at me then awnsered "I was wondering if you wanted to eat dinner with us."

I smiled at him and the others "that would be great but I may have to rush out. Flynn and I going up to my parents tonight so we can spend Sunday with them. We do it once a month."

"Ok great!" Carlos said then grabbed my hand "let's go!"

"Wait! My bag, and my uh book!"

"Got it!" Jay said pushing past me to my room.

I eyed him as he picked up my journal a stuffed it into my back then zipped it and threw it at me. I slung the back on to my back then let Carlos lead me out of the room and out to dinner.