Nue x reader pt 2

If you guys haven't seen the first chapter I recommend you do.

The Nue was in your mind the entirety of your trip back to your hotel room. You couldn't stop thinking about the sad look on its mismatched face.

Lying awake at night you couldn't help but let your mind wander to it. The way it looked at you, so sad and lonely,  it made you want to cry.

You kicked off your sheets and walked with a spring in your step and a determined feeling in your heart towards your closet. You stood on your tiptoes as you tried to get your small back pack off of the top shelf of your even smaller closet.

You snuck quietly into your father's room and rummaged around in his drawers. Finally finding a small switchblade, and your father's keys to the car. You wanted to give the Nue something to drink and to eat to try and coax him out of his cage just in case he was scared of you. Before you left his room, you made sure to snag his small flashlight as well.

Filling your pack with various snacks and a bottle of water, you cautiously locked the door of your hotel room behind you. Exiting the building with haste. Passing the desk lady without a word and hopping in your father's car. Starting the car anxiously, you began to drive towards the small curio shop were the Nue was trapped.

The streets were surprisingly packed, so you did your best to navigate them. Eventually making your way to the dingy little horror show, you made sure to park the car far away from the shop. To make sure not to cause any suspicion. You snuck quietly to the exit of the shop. It was unfortunately locked. Feeling your heart hammer inside of your chest, you didn't know what else to do.

Fortunately for you, a window was left cracked slightly for the cool air to enter the traveling shop, you grunted as you pushed it open so that your body could get into the shop. Being careful to not make any noise, you stepped slowly through the incredibly creepy halls.

It would be easy to get lost in the dark. What once were cheesy props were now terrifying creatures waiting to kill you in the shadows. You dug around in your back pack to find your flashlight and as you flicked it on, you were greeted with a stuffed kappa prop. You almost shrieked as it's cold dead eyes stared unseeing into the night.

Trying to steady your breath, you stepped with caution into the small alcove where the Nue was sleeping. You ran over to its cage.

"Hello? Um, I'm here to free you." You whispered as to not scare him. It's eyes flitted open and you tried to settle him by shushing him and opening your pack to reveal an apple.

"There's no need to be alone." You smiled and set the apple down in his cage. The Nue gave you a small smile. And ate up the apple almost immediately. You laughed slightly and pulled out your switchblade to shimmy the lock on the cage. The Nue saw the knife and began to freak out.

"Nono! This isn't for you! It's to break the cage lock! I would never hurt you." The Nue seemed to relax at these words.

"There's no need to be afraid. Not any more." It took you a good two minutes to break the lock. The Nue sighed in relief as the cage door swung open. He seemed to grow in size with his newfound freedom.

He stared into your eyes and smiled. You touched foreheads and tears streamed from his mismatched eyes. The moment was broken however when the shop owner woke up and began to walk towards the two of you.

The Nue kneeled and you understood what to do. You jumped on his back and he ran towards the exit of the dreadful shop. Bumping into various cruel curios you buried your face into its mane of fur.

"No need to be afraid." You heard the Nue say in your head. It's deep voice reverberated within your mind. You felt the cold night air and realised that you were out of the shop. The Nue kept running and the two of you disappeared into the moonlit forests of Asia.

Hope you enjoyed this one! Please leave a like and comment!