#2 -for the Golden Globes Awards

She felt his lips moving against hers with more confidence. His hands pulled her in a little tighter as her hands on his chest balled into fists, gripping his shirt. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss and God, it felt so intoxicating that she forgot the world existing around her.

Almost.

Because reality hit her and she couldn't ignore it.

No.

No.

They can't. She was with Jacob now, they had the Golden Globes to attend in a couple of hours. They can't kiss like that.

She hated him for still having such a big power over her.

And she hated herself for kissing him back and not wanting to let him go. But she had to.

She pulled away slowly, lingering for a moment. The both of them were out of breath.

'We can't, Finn.' she said quietly, burying her face into his chest.

She felt his lips on the top of her head.

'Why?'

'Because we can't.' her voice was so faint that she didn't convince even herself.

She tried again.

'You didn't want me-'

'That's not true.' he said, but she ignored him, finishing the sentence.

'-and now you are kissing me when I finally moved on?'

'You didn't mov-'

'Stop it.' she took a step away from him, releasing herself from his grip. 'Stop saying all those things like you'd know how I feel. Stop playing with me.'

'I'm not playing with you!'

'Oh yeah? What was that all about? Now what? What do you want from me, Finn? You think that one kiss will make everything better?'

'Of course not.' he was looking at her almost pleadingly.

She sighed. She had enough of their weird, love-hate relationship. It only caused her pain, nothing else.

'Finn, you know what? I'm tired. Whatever we had... Whatever it is, it's over.' she said biting her lip, trying to stop the tears. She didn't want him to see her crying.

'It's not-'

She cut him off. 'It is. Don't ever do that again.'

A couple of seconds have passed until he finally spoke.

'Do what.'

'Play with my feelings. I'm not your toy.' she said with cracked voice.

'Mills-'

'Go. Just go. Don't sit beside me at the Golden Globes, don't talk to me and don't take photos with me tonight. Leave me alone. I mean it.'

She turned away from him, not wanting to watch him leave.

When she heard the door shut, she finally let her tears fall.

(2/2)