12. Bipolar Alex

After same boring school routine except the break part, I went at Alex's place. When we reached, no one was at home because his mom and dad were at their jobs and his sister went out with her friends. At first it was kinda weird, alone with him at his place. It was not like he will took advantage of this situation but the problem was me having a dirty mind.  What can someone expect from me, when the person you like the most is sitting so close to you that you can feel his breaths on your face. In such situation without any doubt I would think about grabbing his face with my both hands and kiss him endlessly like there is no tomorrow.  Slowly my hand would be in his hair and then......    

"Hey are you hungry?"and just like that i came out of my dirty mind when Alex voice rang into my head who was sitting just beside me on the floor of his room. He said something idiot, answer him!  

"Ammm actually------",my voice trailed off when my stomach made a noise specifically a hunger pang. That was not the time idiot! I mentally scolded my stomach. Then I heard a laugh and turned my head at the owner of that melodic sound, feeling totally embarrassed, which was surely visible on my red face. 

"Never mind I got my answer. Wait here I will be right back", he stopped laughing and  looked at me with teary eyes, then gathering himself he stood up and went outside the room. Oh God what just happened was really embarrassing. 

"why you have to make that sound at wrong time", I lightly slapped my stomach and in returned heard another growl. Then I looked around the room with curiosity because since the time i came here into this room , I never looked closely to it. Without wasting anytime we started studying. I meant to say he started asking me question about biology this and that.

I went to his study table which was at the right corner of the room, beside which there was shelves full with books obviously. The room was a contrast of blue,white and light purple and the best part was a full glass window at the end. I was kind of shocked because of the neatness of the room, my brothers's room was nothing near to it. moving to the left side of the room I noticed a from lying on the side table. I reached there and grabbed it. It was the family picture with Mr and Mrs smith holding two children around the age of seven or eight. i well recognized the little cute chubby boy with bluish grey eyes watching the camera with smile. Holding the picture I realized how fast the time has passed. There was time we were children messing around without any tension of future and now and now my mind was  messed up about him and his mind was messed up about  study and success. that made me think how different we are. would he ever gave me chance as his girl friend. 

"Pffff you are going far so just stop there". I told myself. 

"Tadaa special sandwiches by chef Alex". I flinched till holding the frame I turned towards the door where Alex stood with food trey in his hands.

"You just scared the hell out of me. And wait a second you made something,seriously?"I looked at him with raised eyebrows. 

"Sorry for scaring you. And for your concern  i'm a very good cook".he placed the food on the floor and came towards me.

"It's okay"was my response.

"So you were spying here in my absence",he asked with a hint of amusement.

"No, i was just checking out this cute little bundle of fat "I said holding the picture in front of him.

"You were the same, just ugly too",he said taking picture out of my hand and placing it on side table.

"Excuse me !You just called my childhood ugly"

"Oh let me correct myself, you are still ugly".