Chapter 10.

Mia~

Friday evening came around sooner than anticipated, right now I’m sitting in the kitchen with Bea waiting for Louis to get off work and pick me up. I have to pick up a few things for Bea’s birthday present because Niall was too lazy to get it all at once. She still has no clue, well, I don’t think she does.  Were not having a huge party, just about five of our friends, all of our families and us, of course. “So Bea, you’re gonna be twenty, you excited?” I turned to my best friend.

“Of course I am. But twenty isn’t that special, nothing new comes along with it, you know?” She answered, but smiled, nonetheless.

“But still! You aren’t technically a teenager anymore!” I laughed when a look of realization crossed her face.

“Oh my gosh! That’s so true!” Just then there was a knock on the door, I knew it was Lou and that he would let himself in.

“Mia! Where are you?” He called out from the front door, “Kitchen babe!” I answered, Bea sending me a suggestive wink before turning away again.

“Hey, you ready?” Lou looked at me.

“Yeah, yeah. Just let me grab my shoes and stuff, be right back.” I smiled at him before leaving the kitchen, Bea trailing behind.

“Where are you going?” Bea questioned me

“We have to pick some stuff up, and then we’ll probably grab dinner,” I answered, “the boys will be home soon, yeah? I can call Zayn and Niall and have them come hang out till we get back, if you want?”

“No, it’s okay. I’ll just cook dinner or something for the boys.” She gave me a reassuring smile “See you later though, right?”I nodded and hugged her before I yelled for Lou.

“Lou, let’s go!”

“Okay, bye Bea!” He said before leaving.

Once we got to the car Lou took my hand in his before pulling onto the road. “Alright, so what do we have to get?”

“Well, Niall literally didn’t buy anything we actually need, so just go to the mall and we can go from there.” I huffed out in annoyance at my blond best friend. “He comes up with great ideas, but never follows through with them.” Louis laughed, but didn’t reply.

We went to the mall and spent about an hour there, picking everything out. Once we were finished with that part we decided to have dinner, but only getting Subway, neither of us in the mood for a big meal. We made small talk over food and then set off for more shopping. “Mia, did you really need to make a list?!” Louis exclaimed after I explained everything else we had to get.

“Yes, Lou. You know I make lists for everything, knowing my luck if I didn’t I would forget over half the things on this list, and I really don’t want to have to come back tomorrow and get it.” I smirked at my own reasoning and turned the radio in the car up even louder. “So when we get done shopping can we hang at your place for a while so that Bea doesn’t see all this stuff?” I gestured to the back seat which was full.

“Course, but you have to go home, you promised her you would see her later, remember?” He glances at me but quickly put his eyes back on the road.

“Yeah, I know. I won’t forget, no one seems to have faith that I can do this.” This morning Bea told me that she was happy for me and Lou, but she was worried that I would forget I had other friends. I see where she was coming from, but they aren’t just my friends, they’re my family, and that won’t ever change. Now everyone is having doubts about it.

Louis laughed, “Yeah, you can do it, whatever you say babes. By the way, were here.” We quickly went to the party store and got all the decorations, plates, napkins and other things we needed for Beas birthday. I quickly texted Bea, letting her know that I would be home, but it would be later.