Chapter 14.

Mia~

The beginning of the week was slow. It consisted of work, buying groceries and cleaning. None of us had seen Harry the entire week, but Lou and I had heard from him a lot. He took the whole week off to spend with his mom and help her pack and unfortunately for us, Wednesday rolled around a lot sooner than expected.

“Bea! We got to start getting ready; everyone will be here in like an hour!” I yelled knocking on her door. Liam and I were up early this morning, preparing everything and he’s gone to get Harry so he can help us finish everything.

I heard nothing in response on the other side of the door. “Fine, wait for Niall and Zayn to get here, they’ll wake you up.” I heard her groan and a faint ‘okay, okay.’ Before I went back to my room to shower; this week seemed like it went on forever, and there were still two days left. I let the shower wash all of my worries away and quickly got ready, knowing that everyone would be back by now.

“H! I missed you!” I called out once I reached the bottom of the stairs. He quickly whipped around to see me before practically running to hug me.

“Mia, I missed you too! How have you been?” he whispered the last part just for me to hear. I nodded and gave him a look that said ‘we can talk about this later.’ I smiled at him and we walked back to the rest of our friends. Lou walked over to me, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest.

“So you hug Harry before your own boyfriend?” he teased in my ear. I pulled away and hit him lightly on the arm.

“Oh get outta here.” I smirked and leaned up to kiss him. It wasn’t a deep kiss because all of our friends were standing there, but it still made me feel butterflies.

“Where’s Bea?” Niall questioned, just as I heard her yell for me from upstairs.

“That’s my cue boys, be right back.” I skipped to the stairs and toned out the laughter from everyone behind me.

Walking into Bea’s room I saw it was a mess, “Bea! What the hell? We just spent hours cleaning this!”

“Mia! What are you wearing today?”

“Well I went with a pair of jean shorts and a tie-dye t-shirt.  It’s not a big deal, just a cookout,” I began picking up clothes while I replied.

I held onto a black graphic tank top, an orange bandeau and a pair of light wash jean shorts, “here, wear this. Wear your black toms and you’ll be set.” I handed the clothes to her and went to leave. “Oh yeah, and lover boy is here, so hurry up!” I smirked and heard her laugh

“You don’t have any room to talk, you guys are like the land of cheese puffs!” she winked at me and I left.

~ ~ ~

Everyone’s families are here, brothers, sisters, moms and dads, and in mine and Niall’s case nieces and nephews. As soon as my sister showed up I broke away from everyone and made a beeline to take my niece, now were walking around the yard playing with her ball. I turned to look at everyone and saw that Lou was making his way towards me. I smiled and waited for him to reach me.

“Hey babe”

“Hi, baby. What’s up?”

“Nothing, I just haven’t seen the bug for a while, needed some quality time.” I grinned, looking at my year old niece.

“I wish they would let you see her more,” Lou sighed. He knew how much it bothered me that I only got to see her on certain occasions just because I don’t talk to my mom anymore.

“I know, but it’s the price I have to pay. At least I get to see her sometimes. They could keep her away forever.” I smiled and turned around to kiss him. No one was around so we didn’t make it short. They were just open mouthed kisses; Lou swears he wants to take it slow with me since I made such a huge deal about it. We were pulled apart by my niece who just stood there giggling at us.