Chapter Eight-

Harry's POV: (you're welcome)

How was someone who was so beautiful so overlooked? Sitting there, sipping on my wine, I watched her speak. The graceful way her lips moved and the fluidity of her words had completely and utterly mind fucked me. Maybe it was that and the wine.

"Harry?" she laughed, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry," I replied, shaking my head. "What was the question?"

"What's your take on life?"

"I like to keep it simple. In a world that is so caught up with this one certain opinion of perfection, I don't think people keep it simple anymore. I don't like the opinion society has on perfection and don't think it's fair for those who try to achieve society's opinion. Everyone has a different view of perfect. What's your take?" I countered.

"I think the most simplistic things in life are the best. Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a lot to love a leaf," she smiled. A small smile appeared across my face and I took a sip of my wine.

"No one talks like that anymore," I murmured, slightly blushing.

"What are you insinuating, Mr. Styles?" Ellie smirked.

"You're my opinion of perfect." I was positive that wasn't the wine, it simply came rolling out of my mouth because of the wine.

"Um," she blushed, looking down at the table. She really was divine. Athletic, smart, headstrong, and sassy yet so calm and collected when need be. I was madly obsessed with the way her name rolled off my tongue like melted butter on hot bread. She couldn't see that she was better than the generic beauty the world wanted everyone to fit into. She was her own kind of beautiful. Her laughter was like an everlasting beam of light streaming into my life. The way her nose scrunched up like a lion's absolutely captivated me. She had beauty that was intended to be inflicted onto the world like a pandemic.

"Don't be nervous," I smiled and placed my hand on her warm knee. I could tell she hadn't been touched before. Her cheeks were practically a five alarm fire.

"I-I'm not," she chuckled, clearing her throat.

"Ellie, it's okay. I promise. I'm not all about that like most boys my age," I replied, kissing her cheek.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Ellie whispered, her eyes closed.

"What?"

"You make me nervous." Her voice was almost childlike and I wanted to just grab her and kiss her.

"You make me nervous too."

"Sorry," she giggled.

"For what?"

"I'm crazy, I know." What the hell?

"You're not crazy. Who said that?"

"It's just when I get really excited about something that I love, I start talking really fast and it drives people crazy."

"Kind of like you're doing now?" I laughed, winking in the process.

"Sorry, I'll stop babbling," Ellie blushed.

"No, it's okay. I like babbling."