Chapter Twelve~ There Better Be Doughnuts

Ellie's POV:

Driving back to my house, I pulled in the driveway and turned the car off; silence falling around us as we got out.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Harry asked with a wide, dimpled grin.

"Only if you have doughnuts," I blushed.

"You got it."

"I'm just kidding."

"Bye, beautiful," Harry smiled and kissed my softly before walking to his car and pulling out of the driveway. Standing there, waving like an idiot until he left, I jumped around and smiled. My smile, however, quickly faded when I walked inside.

"Ellison," my dad's voice boomed from the kitchen. He'd never used my full name except one other time. I had gotten drunk on our beach trip and was making out with one of my cousin's friends. That's another story for another time. Walking into the kitchen, I took a deep breath and tried to prepare if he was going to yell at me.

"What the hell happened earlier?" So he was going to yell at me.

"I could ask you the same thing," I replied quietly.

"What I do is none of your concern. You were inexplicably rude and disrespectful! When Harry brought you home last night, drunk no less, did I say anything? No. Because I knew you'd had fun and nothing would happen if he did stay."

"This has nothing to do with me being drunk last night, dad. This has to do with the fact that you're seeing this woman and you didn't tell me. You lied to my face and then I come downstairs to see her in your shirt and a pair of Nike shorts. Don't even try and act like you didn't have someone over last night either. I'm almost seventeen, not stupid."

"You don't think I know you probably fucked Harry in his car last night? Need I remind you of the beach, Ellison." That was a new low. Even for my dad.

"So what if I did?!" I screamed, trying not to cry. "The legal age of consent is sixteen and I'll be seventeen in two weeks!"

"I wouldn't put it past you if you were drunk!"

"You're a fucking asshole. You're a fucking asshole!"

"And you're a little ungrateful turd!"

"Great comeback, Dad. I'm the ungrateful one? What about Serena who's off at college fucking half of the university and only asks for money when she comes home?"

"At least she acts like she's grateful! You don't even talk to me anymore."

"Maybe if you were home more, we would talk and I would've been more open to the idea of you fucking that stupid bitch in your and mom's bed!"

"Ellison Grace, you will not speak to me like that."

"You seem to think it's okay to talk to me like that. Like father, like daughter, right?"

"You're grounded until your birthday. End of discussion," he seethed.

"You're really gre-"

"I said end of discussion!" he spewed, slamming his hand down on the counter and his nostrils were flaring.

"I hate you," I spat with a low, fierce tone. Turning around and walking out of the kitchen, I made my way upstairs and to my room. Quietly closing the door, I walked toward my bed and couldn't hold back the tears anymore. Fighting the urge to scream and absolutely trash my room, I cried and cried and cried. And cried some more. My phone vibrated with a text message and I typed in my passcode to read it.

Are you okay?

Who is this?

Harry.