Chapter Forty Two-

Ten years later-
"Mom, get up. It's Dad's birthday and we have to go visit him," Charlotte said bleakly walking into my bathroom.

"It's cold out, go get a jacket," I sighed, kissing her forehead. Watching her chocolate curls bounce away, I smiled. Following behind her and heading down the stairs, there was a knock on the door and I smiled at Liam and Niall standing there.

"Who's that?" Charlotte yelled.

"Your favorite uncles," I called back.

"I thought uncle Lou wasn't coming?"

"She's learned too much from him," Liam laughed, smiling at me.

"She's been sassy from the beginning." I sighed quietly as we walked into the kitchen and I poured the three of us some coffee.

"Are you okay, babe?" Niall asked.

"It's always gonna be hard, but I'm happy that you're here with me," I smiled, hugging them both.

"Harry told us to take care of you and you know how much we all love you."

"You know I love you guys with all my heart. Charlotte does too."

"She looks even more like Harry now that she's getting older."

"She does. All she's got from me is her eyebrows," I joked.

"She's still got that game later today?" Liam asked.

"She does," I nodded. "Harry's family is coming in to watch her play."

"That's awesome," Niall grinned widely.

"Gemma misses seeing her and Anne can't go more than five minutes without."

"Mom?!" Charlotte yelled.

"Yeah, honey?"

"Do you think any hot boys are gonna come to my game? Can you help me put on some makeup?"

"Just get ready," I blushed, rolling my eyes.

"Liking the boys so early?" Niall teased.

"She's boy crazy."

"I've been waiting for it to happen," Liam guffawed.

"Shut up," I sighed. "She's so tall and beautiful none have come for her yet. I'm dreading the day they do."

"Just wait. They will." Finally changing into something other than my pajamas, we all filed out of the house and piled into Liam's car.

"You got the cake, right mom?" Charlotte confirmed.

"Yes."

"Candles?"

"I got everything, Char. Calm down."

"I'm just making sure. We've never forgotten anything." Pulling into the cemetery, I saw Louis' car there and he stepped out as we came to a stop.

"Hey princess," he beamed, kissing Charlotte on the cheek as they hugged tightly.

"Queen," he smirked at me, doing the same thing. As we walked toward Harry's tombstone, we walked in silence, the cake wearing down my arm. Handing it to Charlotte, Liam, Louis, Niall and I hung back as she walked toward him.

"Hey dad," Charlotte smiled, sitting cross legged in front.

"Shes growing up so fast," Louis sighed, his breath visible.

"I know, but she'd come up with the idea to do this every year she could. I think it helps her cope with him being gone. With her never having the chance to know him," I smiled, watching her head move as she laughed and chewed on a piece of cake. One was set out for Harry, that's the way she'd always done it, even if she knew he wouldn't be there to eat it.

"That's dad's piece," she told me the first time we'd done this. She really was her father's daughter.

"Do you think you'll ever get married?" Niall asked as the four of us stared at her talking away.

"I don't know."

"Doesn't it get lonely?"

"Yeah, but I know he's with me."

"Too right. Too right," Liam nodded.

"How long has it been?" Louis whispered. I gave him a look.

"Jesus."

"Louis," I sighed. "You don't understand."

"I understand that it's been a long fucking time since you've had a good romp. You need one and I-"

"Louis, just stop!" I yelled. "This is Harry's day, okay? Just stop." Tears formed at the corners of my eyes and I cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, looking down at the cold grass.

"It's fine. I always get a little weird around his birthday." Letting Charlotte finish talking, we each took turns, me going last; seemingly needing the longest.

"Hey," I smiled, the grass crunching under my legs. "I miss you. I miss you just as much as I did five seconds after you were gone. Charlotte is Charlotte and she's growing even more like you everyday. Strong and independent, but so damn bubbly and charming." I ran my fingers over the cold letters of his name and closed my eyes.

"She's nearly six feet now. Top of her class, I'm sure she's told you all about it. She's had your number ever since she started playing sports. Almost cried to bits when one of the other girls took it on her school team. She got it back."

"I hope your having fun dancing with Patrick Swayze. He's probably still a fox."

"Happy birthday, my love," I whispered, putting my forehead against the cold slab and sighing. "I love you."

Standing up, I rejoined them and we all turned to look at Harry's place.

"You really loved him, didn't you mom?" Charlotte smiled up at me.

"I do. I always will. You too," I smiled, her arms tightening around my waist.

"You ready to go kick some arse, princess? We've got posters," Louis beamed at Char.

"Let's go," she laughed, grabbing his hand and we headed back to the cars. The wind picked up, a rose petal fluttering onto my cheek and I looked up at the sky, smiling.

"I loved you when we first met, I love you now, and I will love you even when I'm not here anymore." Harry's words echoed in my head.

"I love you, always," I smiled, getting in the car and smiling, know he wasn't gone after all.

That's the end!!! Thank you all so much for coming on this journey with me. It's been an amazing experience and I'm so thankful for each read, vote, and comment. Also, massive thanks to the boys for being the boys. I wouldn't have his without them and they're perfect. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did and please keep reading my other stories.

All my love.
xx