2

August 6th, 2017

Lena was very aware that if someone was going to recognize her, now would be the time. Only the thin veil of colored contacts, glasses, and makeup covering up her tattoos hid Lena Luthor. The driver dropped her off outside and Lena quickly ducked in. The hostess stood behind a black podium marking down something in front of her.

"Hi," Lena says to get her attention.

The hostess looks up. Surprise and recognition pass over her face and Lena readies herself to calm a screaming fan. Then confusion as the girl looks at Lena's eyes. Lena even sees the girl's eyes flit to her wrist, looking for her tattoo. Deciding she is mistaken, the girl finally speaks.

"How may I help you?"

"Yes. I'm meeting someone here. Kara Danvers."

"Yes, Miss Danvers is already here. I'll take you to your table." She grabs a menu and heads further into the restaurant.

Lena can see her then. Through a wall of windows that lead out to a deck overlooking a pond. Kara's hair is down this time. It cascades off her shoulders, exposed in that off the shoulder shirt. Kara's fingers drum on the table top. She obviously got here early and it makes Lena smile. When the hostess leads Lena outside into the soft glow of overhead Edison bulbs, Kara shoots to her feet, practically knocking over her chair in the process.

Kara takes in Elena as she walks toward the table trying to think of something to say, anything to say. The red dress fits every one of the curves that Elena hid under bulky sweatshirts the past two mornings.

"Hello, Kara." She says.

"H-hi Elena. Umm... would you like to sit?" Kara internally groans at how lame that sounds. But then Elena laughs and nods. She was right, that laugh is either illegal or it's illegal not to make her laugh, Kara can't decide. The dimples appearing in her cheeks from the smile are just as dangerous.

"Kara, you can sit now." Kara is suddenly aware that Elena is sitting and looking at the menu. Kara sits quickly with a blush burning her cheeks.

"So how was your concert?" Lena asks, still perusing the menu.

"It was really good. I think Alex had the time of her life. She even got front row seats." Lena freezes at that. She doesn't remember seeing a beautiful blonde woman past the blazing lights of the stage. To be fair, she usually ignores the crowd anyways.

"Lena Luthor is really talented. I still just want to give her a hug though." Elena laughs again and Kara is sure she wants to make her laugh as much as possible.

"I'm sure that she would let you if she knew you for even just five minutes." Kara blushes again.

The waitress comes then, Elena ordering the chef special sushi and a glass of red wine. Kara gets potstickers and sticks with water.

"What are potstickers?" Elena asks. Kara gasps.

"Only one of my all-time favorite foods that are like a little bit of heaven in every bite."

"Well, then you'll have to let me try one." Lena is slightly stunned by the serious thinking expression that crosses the blonde's face and the pause that follows.

"You should know this about me now. I don't share food. But this is a first date so I will allow you one bite of my all time favorite food. Not a whole potsticker. On bite. Understand?" Elena mimics Kara's serious expression.

"I am honored." Then a smile spreads across her face.

"What did you do yesterday then, after you practically plowed me over in the park?" Kara blushes at the memory.