26

May 2, 2018

Lena woke up serving as Kara's big spoon. The blonde was still sound asleep, no doubt worn from the multiple orgasms she gave Lena last night. And the ones that Lena returned. Lena looks over Kara's naked body, the sheet just draped around her waist since Kara was a hot sleeper. They had dumped the comforter on the floor after their activities. Now, in the light, Lena flinches at the rainbow of bruises covering the exposed skin. Kara must have sweated off the copious amounts of makeup she used to hide her face injuries as well. It made Lena almost scared to touch her, even though she seemed fine last night. Very fine. Lena flushed and took a deep breath. She pulled her eyes away from Kara to actually take in the apartment.

It was a completely open floor space with high ceilings. The bed sat center of the wall opposite the door. The wall the bed set against was made up of clouded glass blocks to let in natural light without people being able to see in. The bed was on a raised platform with steps leading up. Everything was in shades of gray and white, from the carpet, to the hardwoods, to the cabinets. The colors came from Kara's paintings hanging on the walls and the throw pillows. On the couch was a rainbow Pride blanket and a bi flag blanket, that made Lena smile. There is a pool table and dartboard in one corner, free weights and a treadmill in another. No doubt Winn had a hand in the media center set up in front of the large couch. Everything was clean and organized but distinctly loved.

Lena slipped out of the bed and found Kara's button-up from the night before. She rummaged through Kara's dresser that she found in the small walk-in closet/changing room for a pair of clean underwear. Lena found a pair of boy shorts and then made her way into the kitchen. Lena managed to find the coffee and mugs after some quite looking and soon the smell of coffee filled the kitchen. Then she began looking through Kara's fridge for food. Pulling out the package of bacon and eggs and turning on the oven. Kara still hadn't even moved so Lena took the risk and put some music on softly from her phone. Lena put the bacon on a tray and popped it in the oven. While it baked, she cut up vegetables and scrambled the eggs to fry up when Kara did wake up.

Lena was singing softly along to the song, Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson, and swinging her hips as she whisked when she felt warm hands rest on her side. Lena smiled and stopped singing, turning and kissing Kara softly. Kara had put on a sports bra and shorts and she was looking at Lena like she would rather eat her than the bacon Lena just put on the platter.

"This is something I could get used to. You, in my shirt, cooking food. Beautiful. But please don't stop on my account. I've missed your voice." Kara tucks a hair behind Lena's ear, her other hand squeezing Lena's ass. Lena just laughs and kisses her cheek.

"Come on, sleepyhead. Breakfast before you get any ideas. I'm starving."

Kara leans over Lena and snatches a slice of bacon. Lena detangles herself enough to start sauteing the vegetables before pouring in the scrambled eggs on the island cooktop. Kara sat opposite her on the barstool and watches her and turns the music up, linking Lena's phone to the Bluetooth surround sound system Winn designed and installed. When the food was done, Lena sets two plates on the island and digs in as she and Kara talk. It was all so domestic and all Lena felt was complete happiness.

When Kara saw that Lena was finished, she picked up her phone and switched the song before taking Lena's hand. "Come on, dance with me Miss Luthor." Lena smiles and allows Kara to pull her to her feet.

You say you'll be down in five

The smell of your perfume is floating down the stairs

You're fixing up your hair like you do

I know that I'll be a mess

The second that I see you