6

August 11th, 2017

For the second morning, Lena wakes up in Kara's apartment. The blonde is still sound asleep, facing away on her stomach but an arm flung possessively around Lena's waist. The sun was just beginning to brighten the window next to Kara's bed. It seemed peaceful. For the first time in months, Lena didn't have to be anywhere. Carefully Lena tries to get up from under Kara's arm. The blonde groans and tightens her hold.

"No moving." Lena hears mumbled into the pillow.

"Kara, I have to. I really have to pee." Kara grumbles into her pillow but relents.

When Lena is finished she sneaks into the kitchen, hoping for food. Kara's fridge is full of take-out containers and no actual food. Not that Lena could cook anything if she found something. Lena grabs her phone from the coffee table. It only rings once before she answers.

"I need help."

"What is it?" Jessica already sounds wide awake, does this woman ever take a vacation?

"I'm-I'm at Kara's. She doesn't have any food because I thought about making breakfast, then I remembered that I can't cook."

"You want me to send breakfast your way?"

"Yes. Does any place deliver?"

"Lena dear, you are in the city with near limitless funds. Breakfast will be there in half an hour."

"Thank you. Also, Kara eats enough for like, three, so please get a lot. What would I do without you?"

"Nothing really. You obviously can't even feed yourself." Lena laughs.

"Goodbye Jessica."

"I want details later."

"Of course."

"Bye."

Lena hangs up and finds a charging cord in the kitchen to plug in her phone then returns to the warm bed with the sleeping woman. As soon as Lena lays back down, Kara rolls over and pulls her into the warm body. She places a lazy kiss on Lena's shoulder before resting her forehead against it. The simple gesture sends Lena's heart racing before she settles into Kara and lets the sun warm her face.

Lena must have dozed off again because she feels like she blinks and then there is an insistent knocking at the door. Somehow Kara had managed to tangle them together in the short amount of time. Legs and arms intwine and Kara's fingers have a near bruising grip on Lena's hip.

Lena manages to squirm away from Kara again and finds a t-shirt and shorts laying in the floor to throw on. Her purse is on the kitchen island where she left it the night before. She grabs the cash she has been keeping on hand. Then the glasses she brought with her. She slept with her contacts in and her eyes were already disagreeing with that. The teenage boy on the other side of the door holds three plastic bags near bursting. He juggles them to accept the hundred dollar bill before Lena takes the bags.

"Keep the change," Lena says, not letting him respond before swinging the door back shut.

Lena is in the middle of laying out the food when a sleepy Kara wonders in, wrapped in her bed sheet, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Her nose is practically leading the rest of her body and Lena giggles at that.

"Good morning," Lena says. Kara still hasn't opened her eyes.

"Mmm... food. You brought food." Lena laughs again.

"Yes. Turns out you can have breakfast delivered for enough money." Waffles, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, and fresh fruit litter the counter now.