Talk About Us

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

9.30 pm

"When can I meet her?" Payal asked in tears and Arnav shrugged.

They had met Arhan but Khushi and Hiya weren't home. Arhan, after narrating them what happened three years back, had kicked them out asking them not to return.

"I want to meet her bhai" Payal said between her sobs, "It's been three years. I didn't even know why my little sister left. I didn't know what she was going through! I have a lot to make up!"

Arnav patted Payal's shoulder and said, "We all have tons to make up!"

"What are you gonna do about your sister?" NK asked from the bed where he was lying down with Ayaan. He patted the boy who was rolling on the bed giggling.

Payal looked at Arnav.

When they returned from Arhan's apartment, NK and Payal had lashed out on Anjali and mami but Arnav stayed quiet. He stormed upstairs without sparing a glance to the women and shut himself from others. Hours later, he opened the door only after hearing Ayaan crying. Payal could see his blood red eyes and his tear strained cheeks.

"And mami too" NK added.

"I don't know what you've decided" Payal said, "But I've decided something."

Arnav and NK looked at her.

"I'm leaving the house" she said.

Arnav looked at her shocked and NK gasped.

"I need to talk to Akash. Either he can follow us or we leave!" Payal said firmly.

"We?" NK asked.

"Me and Ayaan" Payal said looking at her son.

A shiver went down his spine as Arnav heard her words. Ayaan is leaving!

"No" he whispered and Payal looked at him. "Please don't do this. I can't....Ayaan....he is my life!"

"I know" Payal said softly, "Although we're his parents, Ayaan is more attached to you. It'll break his heart if I take him away from you. But I can't keep him in a house where people talked about taking away my sister's child. What if they take away Ayaan from me?"

"Not when we're here Payal bhabhi" NK said softly, "No one will take Ayaan away from you."

Payal smiled faintly and said, "The mere thought of my son being away from me scared me to death! How would have Khushi felt when she heard them talking about it?"

.

.

.

.

Skyline Apartments, New Delhi

10.30 pm

"And they lived happily ever after" Khushi said smiling and closed the book. She looked down to find her daughter looking at her with her round eyes.

"Arrey" Khushi said smiling and ran her fingers through the baby girl's straight hair, moving the strands from her forehead, and cooed, "My Jalebi isn't sleepy today?"

"Hiya no sleepy" Hiya said pouting.

"Why?" Khushi asked pouting.

"More story" Hiya demanded kicking her legs which were covered with blanket.

Khushi laughed and said, "Story is over baba.."

"Nahi...more story" Hiya said stubbornly.

"Okay then" Khushi said smiling, "The prince and princess got married and when the king stepped down, the prince became the king. The new king and queen ruled the kingdom and people were happy. They had a beautiful daughter! Her hair was black and straight. It was short till her ear. And the small baby princess had chubby cheeks" Khushi bent down to her daughter and rubbed her nose on Hiya's cheeks earning a giggle from the girl. "Hey eyes were chocolate brown and she was very very naughty" and she tickled the girl.