Eryon lubs papa

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

6.00 pm

"I'm going downstairs...to help jiji in kitchen" Khushi declared as soon as she finished arranging her and Hiya's clothes in the wardrobe. Arnav nodded from his position next to a sleeping Hiya. The girl was sound asleep clutching her doll close to her heart.

"You can do your work" she said nervously and Arnav looked at her. Khushi pointed to his opened laptop on the table before recliner and said, "Continue with your works. She is sleeping. You don't have to keep an eye on her"

"No it's fine. It's an unfamiliar place. She might get uncomfortable when she wakes up" he said softly looking at his daughter.

"How do you know that?" Khushi asked surprised.

"Ayaan gets cranky whenever he is in a new place" Arnav said shrugging. Khushi smiled and nodded. "I'll leave now. To kitchen" she said and he nodded.

.

A loud cry woke her up with a jerk. Hiya rubbed her eyes and looked around the unfamiliar room until her eyes fell on Arnav who was sitting on the recliner with a crying Ayaan in his arms.

She clutched the doll and shrank back to the bed, leaning on the headboard. Mamma had told her that this is her papa. Papa! A smile formed on her lips. How she wished to have someone whom she could call papa. All the kids in her neighbourhood, at Mumbai, had papas who would take them out for ice cream, who would cuddle them and tell them stories, while she had none. And today, finally, she had her papa.

Hiya smiled widely remembering how she called him papa for the first time, few hours ago.

After aarti Nani led Khushi to the living room and the family started chatting happily. Hiya sat next to Akash who had Ayaan in his lap. Akash smiled watching the girl playing with his son and looked at his brother who was looking longingly at the girl.

Playing for a while, Hiya yawned softly. She was so tired and just wanted to sleep with her doll. She looked at Akash and NK who was busy in their talks and looked around the elders who were immersed in her world.

Suddenly her eyes fell on Arnav who was standing next to the steps speaking on Bluetooth. She took hesitant steps to him and patted his leg. Arnav looked down and smiled at her. He cut the call and bent down to her height.

"Kya huva bacha?" he asked softly.

"Hiya sleepy" she said slowly.

He smiled and lifted her in his arms, "Hiya wants to sleep?" he asked chuckling as he climbed the stairs. Hiya nodded, yawning, and laid her head on his shoulder. "Hiya sleepy....papa" she said slowly and wrapped her hands around his neck. Arnav stilled for a second but continued to walk with a wide smile on his face.

.

"Arrey my doll is up?" Arnav said smiling as he walked to her and sat next to her with a sniffling Ayaan with him.

"Ayaan why cry?" she asked worriedly and leaned to the baby who was pouting and sniffling.

"Laxmi rubbed her nose on his leg" Arnav said chuckling.

"Why cry?" Hiya asked frowning. Laxmi is such a sweet goat! Why would Ayaan cry when she rubs her nose on his feet?

"Ayaan is scared of Laxmi" Arnav said laughing and Hiya giggled.

Seeing both of them laughing at him, Ayaan huffed in anger and hit his small fist on Arnav's chest. Arnav faked pain and cried, "Sorry kiddo!"

Hiya giggled and poked Ayaan's cheek who huffed and looked away. She leaned and kissed his cheek. "Sorry kiddo" she said imitating Arnav. Arnav laughed and wrapped his arm around Hiya and with his other arm around Ayaan, he cuddled both the children. Hiya laughed and Ayaan giggled happily.