Meeting Harshids

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

10.30 am

"Where has everybody gone?" NK asked as he plopped on the sofa next to Nani who was knitting.

"It's 10.30 NK bitwa. Everyone has gone to their works" Nani said shaking her head.

"Nannav and Akash to AR. Mami looking after Ayaan. Payal bhabhi in kitchen. Where is di?" NK asked frowning.

"She didn't tell you?" Nani asked surprised, "Anjali bitiya is completing her LLB!"

"Really?" NK said excitedly.

Nani nodded and said, "She had left her studies after marriage. Now she is completing it. Said that she wanted a job!"

"That's great" NK said smiling, "Glad that she is over that scoundrel!"

Nani nodded.

"If only it happened three years ago" NK said and Nani looked away sadly.

"Tell me about you" Nani said changing the topic, "How are you?"

"Good" NK said smiling, "I've got a permanent job as photographer in a geographical magazine in Sydney. I've to travel places and take photos! They will pay me!"

Nani smiled and NK asked, "Does Payal bhabhi still sell dabba?"

"Yes" Nani said, "She is looking after Khushi bitiya's catering business. She has regular clients and a bunch of employees! They take dabbas to offices and schools and provide free food to homeless."

"That's great" NK said beaming.

"Nani ji, I'm leaving!" Payal called out as she rushed to the living room, "Ma ji!" she called out. Mami came out of the room and stood above the stairs. "Kya huva? Why shouting?" mami frowned.

"I'm leaving to deliver dabbas. I have heated the milk and kept in kitchen table. Ayaan is very cranky but please make him drink it full and....."

"Payal Payal calm down!" Mami said laughing, "I've experience in looking after kids. Your husband is my son! Now go deliver those dabbas and don't worry about your little packet! Hello hi bye bye!"

Payal chuckled and rushed out of RM with her bag.

Mami went back and NK said smiling, "I see some relationships have grown and matured!"

Nani chuckled and nodded. "Manorama no longer complains about Payal bitiya" she said, "And never calls her khoon bhari taang!"

"Everything changed here!" NK said leaning back on the couch, "Nannav, Akash, Payal bhabhi, di, mami, you....everyone has changed! Everything at someone's price!"

Nani's smile vanished and said, "You're right. It took her absence to change us!"

NK took a deep breath and said, "Let's hope that she returns! The happiness of shantivan!"

.

.

.

.

.

AR Fashions, New Delhi

4.30 pm

.

Arnav walked to his di's room with a tray of food. The morning rays that usually lit her room were today missing as the curtains covered the glass windows.