A Hand Of God

Seeing di heartbroken broke her heart as well. Khushi folded the clothes absentmindedly. She loved Anjali as her own sister and wished nothing but good for her. She wanted her di to deliver a healthy baby girl and move on from the scum bag.

She loved di. But Khushi had to admit that right now she felt anger and pity towards the limp woman. Her leg is limp! Not her brain! Why can't she see it? Why can't she believe her Chotte?

Miscarriage broke Anjali's as well as the Raizadas heart! Khushi sighed remembering the hate words of mami. Don't worry. She said to herself. Mami is worried for di. That's all! She isn't that bad!

But deep down her heart, Khushi felt good that di's baby died. Even if she doesn't believe that Shyam is a cheat, later in her life, she will have to face the truth! It would break her completely and Anjali, being the judgemental woman she always is, might not accept the baby girl in her life terming her as Shyam's blood. 'Coz no matter how much loving and caring Anjali di is, she can be extremely emotionless towards some things.

"Did di have something?" Arnav asked as he entered the room.

Khushi looked up from where she was folding clothes and said curtly, "I don't know. I'm not allowed to go near your sister."

Arnav said nothing but closed the door behind him. He walked to the recliner and sat on it. Ignoring him she continued folding clothes and he said, "She again begged for Shyam today!"

Her first instinct was to retort with a "What should I do about it? Shyam isn't a thing that's available in market!" but sensing his sadness, she hummed. And he said, "She is not accepting the truth"

She again hummed and kept the clothes neatly in the wardrobe.

"I was thinking...we should bring him back" Arnav said slowly.

Wait. WHAT?

She shot looked at him. She could see him shuddering under her gaze. Unlike her usual kind eyes, this time, it spoke fury.

"I meant, we could've him around and then place cameras around, recording his moves and then...."

He was cut off by her, "Are you really that stupid or are you pretending?" she asked sharply.

"Khushi main...."

"You are bringing him back! HIM! BACK IN THIS HOUSE!" she shouted.

Is this man for real? He wants to man who lusted over his wife and is cheating on his sister, back in the house around them? Has he completely lost his mind?

"It's for the better. Nothing will go wrong. We all will obse....."

"OH SHUT THE CRAP" Khushi shouted and he stumbled back, hearing her loud voice for the first time in his life, "If you want that man back in this house, you can. But you'll never see me again!"

She threw the clothes on the floor and stormed out of the room.

.

I can't believe this! Khushi cried to herself as she walked through the corridor. 'I thought he is with me. He said that he believes me and will support me. Is this how he intends to support me? Bringing the man who lusts over me back in this house? What made him think that I can stand under his eyes roaming all over my body? Ah yes, it would make his di happy! If di is happy, Arnav Singh Raizada is happy. Who cares of my tears? Anjali bitiya is happy! And when Anjali bitiya is happy, RM shines like it does on Diwali nights. Even when Shyam literally undresses me with his eyes, why would anyone care? Why would anyone notice Shyam sneaking his leg under the table to touch her?'