Men Out For Lunch

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

9.45 am

"Nahi nahi nahi" Arnav cried as Ayaan started crawling from his lap to the laptop keyboard. The boy lied on the keyboard and started kicking his legs in air.

"Ayaan!" Arnav cried seeing the boy pressing some keys and his project report going on with too many iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and oooooooooooooo.

"Come here kiddo!" Arnav said laughing and picked the boy up. Ayaan squealed and played his arms in air.

"Nannav mere bhai!" NK cried as he hopped into Arnav's room. Arnav looked up and NK asked, "Why aren't you at office ASR?"

"It's Sunday" Arnav said chuckling.

"You used to work at Sundays too!" NK pointed out.

"Not since this guy marked his presence in RM!" Arnav said lifting the baby boy in air. Ayaan squealed and giggled as Arnav lifted him up and down in air.

NK smiled and said, "You've changed a lot Nannav! A good change!"

Arnav smiled faintly and nodded. He nuzzled his nose on Ayaan's cheek and said, "Half credit goes to this sweetie pie!"

"And the other half?" NK asked.

"You know who it is" Arnav said.

Arnav was about to say something when HP barged into Arnav's room. "Bhaiyya....Anjali didi is crying"

"What happened to her?" Arnav asked bored and not even looking up from Ayaan who was climbing on him like a monkey.

"I don't know bhaiyya....she is crying and wailing loudly" HP said worriedly. The last time he had seen his Anjali didi like this was when Arnav and NK presented the proofs against Shyam.

"Raman must have remarried Shagun in Yeh Hai Mohabatein" Arnav said shrugging and NK chuckled.

HP frowned and said, "She was saying something like cheating"

"Ah mami must have cheated in chess" NK said and Arnav nodded tickling Ayaan. Ayaan laughed loud and lifted his small palms to cup Arnav's cheek. Leaning to the man, Ayaan placed a noisy kiss on his nose.

"Aww" NK cooed at the heart warming sight and Arnav smiled warmly.

"Bhaiyya....Anjali didi" HP trailed off and Arnav said, "I'm busy HP. See Ayaan is begging for attention!"

NK chuckled and sat on the floor on his knees near the recliner where Arnav sat with Ayaan. Ayaan looked at NK and pulled the strands of his hair that was touching his forehead.

HP walked away and at the same time Akash walked into the room.

"What happened to drama queen?" NK asked looking up.

Akash said worriedly, "It's a serious matter"

NK nodded in interest but Akash was looking at Arnav who was least bothered. The man was playing with the baby in his lap, forgetting the surroundings.

"Bhai" Akash called and Arnav looked at him.

"Di is in a relationship with a guy. Err....he is a lawyer. And...."

"Why does she always falls for lawyers?" NK asked aloud and Arnav chuckled. Akash sighed and said, "The problem is that....everything was fine. They met for lunch, even yesterday. But today morning, she received a text from him. A break up text!"

"So?" Arnav asked raising an eyebrow.

"So she is crying" Akash finished.

"And she wants her brothers to go and confront her boyfriend!" Arnav stated and Akash sighed, nodding.