Chapter 6: Muted

[ c h a p t e r  6 ]

Kelsey

The coach called all the players.

"McCall and Stilinski, grab the long sticks. You're covering goal for two-on-ones. Let's go! Line it up!" He said and everyone went to their positions.

"We still don't know if he's a werewolf, too. And if he is, he'd just be cheating. And we'd just be cheating the cheater." Stiles told Scott.

"But he's not. I'd know. I'd be able to catch a scent or something." He pointed.

"Maybe you need to get closer." He suggested.

"I think I'm about to get my chance." He said and they started playing.

They were supposed to defend the goal. When the first one, Garret, started running Scott made his stick slide off his hands.

"That's my boys! Those two are like sons to me." The coach yelled.

"Yes!" Kira yelled and we stood up.

The next one started running forward them but they push him and made him fall.

"That's how you do it! That's how it's done!" The coach yelled again.

They chest bumped each other but Stiles fell to the ground.

The next one was Liam. He started running and Stiles tried to block his way but failed. Scott tried making his stick slip but failed too. Liam threw the ball and scored.

That was weird. I was starting to think he was a werewolf now. I looked at Malia. She shook her head and stood up.

"That was luck!" Malia yelled angrily.

"Oh no, Malia. Don't get involved." Stiles groaned.

"Do-over!" She refused.

"Sweetheart, there's no do-overs. This is a practice." The coach yelled back.

"Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles." She bet.

"I'll take that action. Hey! Get back in there, Liam." The coach said.

Liam went back to his position. He started running again. He dodged Stiles but then Scott flip him over and he fell on his leg. He started suffering in the ground.

"Don't move! Don't touch him!" The coach said running forwards them. I went there too to see what happened.

"I'm okay, Coach. I'm all right." he tried to stand up but he fell. Thankfully Scott and Stiles got him. "Ahhh! I think it's my leg." He cried in pain.

"I think we better get him to the nurse." Stiles said. Scott made me a gesture to tell me to go with them.

"You guy's take a lap. Run around... Start running around the field! Stupid!" The coach said to the players and threw a ball over Malia, but Kira caught it before it could hit her. "Oh! Wow! Nice catch. Throw it back." He demanded her.

Kira threw it back and hit the coach. "Oh, my God." She whispered.

"Someone ask her if she's ever played lacrosse." He yelled.

*****

After the visit to the nurse we decided to take Liam to the hospital.

"Kels, wait here, I'm going to talk to Kira. Then we'll go" Scott said as he got out the nurse.

I muttered an "Okay" as I wait in front of the nurse. I took off my phone and logged into Twitter.

"Hey, sorry about all that. We're taking Liam to the hospital. It might be a sprain, it could also be a break." He explained Kira.