Chapter 21: Finally Over

[ c h a p t e r  2 1 ]

Kelsey

Malia and I were following Melissa around the hospital. She stopped at one room, which I guessed it was Stiles'.

"You find a tape player?" I heard Stiles talking.

"No," Melissa replied. "but I found someone looking for you."

Malia and I got into the room and, as soon as Stiles' eyes met Malia's he got up from the bed.

"Hey." He said and Melissa close the door behind us. I just stood sitting in a chair in a corner, so they could talk.

"I heard you almost got killed." Malia told him.

"I heard you almost got killed." He repeated and I mentally giggled. What a couple...

"You're okay?" She asked him.

"Yeah, Brunski punched me on the face. Turns out he was a serial killer." He explained.

"Makes sense." She nodded.

"What about you?" This was getting repetitive.

"We almost got set on fire." She said.

"Are you okay?" And again he asked.

"Basically." And again she replied.

"You're okay?" Oh my God.

"I'm fine." She looked down. "I'm gonna go" She said turning around. Did they forget about me?

"You don't have to." Stiles tried.

"Oh, I should go." Yep, they did forget about me.

"Okay." He sighed. Malia tried to open the door but couldn't.

"It's locked."

"Why would she have locked the door?" Stiles got closer and try opening it. Nothing. "Uhm, hey Melissa? Melissa?"

"I could break it." Malia suggested.

"How about you not? I arready owe this hospital enough money." He explained.

"Why would she locked the door?" Malia looked at me and I gave her a oh-so-now-you-are-not-ignoring-me look.

"Maybe she didn't mean to." Stiles spoke and both of us looked at him.

"You don't just accidentally lock a door." Malia snapped.

"Okay, maybe she wasn't thinking exactly. Wasn't thinking it through. You know, people sometimes do things without thinking them through." Stiles told her.

"Then she's stupid."

"Not, even smart people can do stupid things. You know, 'cause they think that it's the right thing. I don't think we should hold it against her.You know, for the rest of her life. Especially because, she's tried apologizing. Hundreds of times, through texts and voice mails." He said and I could tell that he was talking about them.

"Is she gonna keep begging?" Malia got closer to him.

"She might." He replied.

"I don't have much practice on thinks like forgiveness. Some things I'm picking up fast. But other things are like..." She started but Stiles finished her sentence.

"Like Math?"

"I hate Math." She pointed.

"You hate me?"

"I like you, Stiles. I like you a lot." Malia looked at his eyes.

"Yeah, I can work with that." And with that he kissed her, holding her by her waist. That had me thinking. Liam used to kiss me like that and I hated being like this but I needed time.