Chapter 11: I Only Run If I'm Being Chased

[ c h a p t e r  11 ]

Kelsey

Liam and I made our way to Scott. In the hall there were lots of boys around Coach Finstock, so Liam held my hand and guide me through them.

"Guys, back off." Finstock said "If anybody sees Garrett, you notify the police immediately. Then tell him he's off the damn team."

We found Scott talking to his father so we backed off.

"Dad, really. I'm okay." He said looking at his father.

"I should've been here." His dad mumbled. "And I said I would be at the games."

"Well, I mean this was just a pre-season scrimmage." He tried to excuse him. "I didn't even tell you about it."

"But I promised your mom I'd be around so she could pick up some double shifts at the hospital." Mr. McCall looked down. "I should've been here."

"You're here now." Scott pointed.

Then I saw that bitch Violet glaring at me as she walked through the hall.

"Jordan Parrish?." She turned to agent Parrish.

"Deputy Parrish." He corrected her.

Mr Stilinski came over Scott and his dad with a bag in his hands.

"Sheriff, what is that? Is that the weapon?" Mr. McCall asked.

"Yeah." The sheriff said. "It's a thermo-cut wire."

"Parrish, hold up." Mr. McCall turned to Parrish and then he and Mr. Stilinski left.

"Where's Kira?" Scott asked us.

"She took off." Liam told him.

"Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the Dead Pool." I explained.

"Her mom's on it." Scott said and I nodded.

"Everyone's on it." Liam nodded too.

"You're not." Scott pointed.

"Not yet." He looked at both of us. "There's still another third, right?" He asked but agent McCall started talking to Violet so we stood listening.

"Thermo-cut wire's a very unusual weapon, Violet." He said. "Now, we've got a file at the bureau on something similar. Used in over a dozen murders."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Violet said "innocently. If that's possible. "I just go to school here."

"Maybe we should call your parents then." He stared at her. "Oh, no. That's right. You don't have any parents. That's why they call you The Orphans." I mentally laughed my ass off when he said that. The offices took her away. "We need to find her boyfriend, Garrett." He mumbled to Mr. Stilinski.

"Coach, I'm gonna need both their locker numbers. And someone find me a set of bolt cutters." The sheriff said.

Scott

"I think someone's coming." Kelsey said.

We were on the lockers room searching for something, anything.

"Hurry." Liam told me.

I quickly opened Garrett's locker and found a huge bag filled with money. I can't tell them. I thought to myself.

"You find anything?" Kels asked me.

"No." I lied "Nothing."

Kelsey