9

Things are different, so different.

First I come home from being in the military, and on the same day I meet my mate.
then my grandpa dies causing me to shift finally, but the biggest change?
The biggest is the fact that just three months ago I was named alpha, and now for the past month I've had to be a father figure.

My father had me sign him into our family's psychiatric hospital, his state of mind fraying more and more each day.
I'm not sure I could handle this all on my own, but thankfully I have Damon to help me.

"girls! Come on, Time to get going !"

The girls whine as they roll out of bed, I laugh as they crawl to their dresser groaning all the way.
I jog back to my room, making sure my outfit is in order.

"ok, just breathe, we are just going to Damon's pack for his birthday, no big deal, I have been in a firefight, this is nothing like that"

I say, letting my eyes fall over my light blue dress shirt.

'No- this is scarier, this involves my mate and his pack- his parents, but I've met George? Why am I worried'

I huff, running my fingers through my hair.
I quickly check on the girls before making my way to my Jeep, the girls love my dark purple Jeep.

I adjust their booster seats before I slide their bags in, starting the jeep the twins run out and hop in.

"faith has got control of the pack bubba"

" yep and cousin Marlo is on speed dial "

I chuckle, I make sure they are buckled before I start driving.

As soon as I'm parked the girls jump out, I haven't seen them this excited in a while.
The girls run to tackle Damon, he just laughs as the girls giggle in his arms.

I laugh as I make my way over, the girls hop up as they try helping him up but failing.
I help pull him up, and as soon as he is on his feet he kisses me.

" eeeeeeew "

We chuckle as they cover their eyes, grabbing their hands we all walk into the large house.
As we enter all eyes end up on me and Damon, I swallow the lump in my throat as I feel my back straighten up.
I'm dragged into the party to meet the pack, my body on high alert the whole time.

As Damon is introducing me to everyone the girls run off to play with others, the pack all seem excited to meet me and the girls.
After a very long time, Damon lets me sit as he goes and talks to people- though I don't really sit I just find my self standing by a wall gripping a water bottle.

"I don't think the wall needs to be held up"

A female voice laughs out, I look up to see a very familiar but more feminine face.

"overwhelming isn't it ? Meeting your mates pack"

I give her a smile as I nod, I shake her hand as a shock goes through me.

His mother

"yes ma'am it is, especially since I can't tell if they are excited to meet me for being an alpha or for being his mate"

She smiles and pats my hand, her beautiful curls reminding me of his.

"my dear, call me Adelaide, please, you are family so don't call me ma'am"

She chuckles, I nod giving a smile of my own.
I take a seat next to her seat as we watch everyone, I begin to drift off but two little bodies pounce on me.