6

"It was his panic attacks, he woke up from a nightmare just began screaming, his old heart couldn't take it- the loss of his mate giving him the nightmares and his health, it just gave up on him"

The Doctor spoke, her voice thick with sorrow.
My father holds my sister's as they sobbed, the doctor leaves so she may carry out the funeral arrangements.
My heart is racing, it's pain-filled as all I hear is ringing in my ears.
I run into the woods, tears falling as I struggle to breathe. I let a strangled scream loose, I fall to my knees as my body shakes- heart pounding until things go black.

Opening my eyes slowly, I take in my surroundings. Trees, lots of trees.

'I live in the woods, there are lots of trees'

I try to stand but I trip, shaking my head I look down at my feet.

' paws? '

I try to scream but a loud yowl escapes me, I feel my tail sway as it's fur stands on edge- but the fur makes it's way up my spine.

As I pace around I try to remember what happened, and then I remembered.

We went to check on grandpa, and the doctor gave us the news that he passed.
I remember running out, and then a wave of pain knocking the wind out of me.

' dad! Dad I, I shifted!! '

I shout, trying to find anyone through the link that I've never used.
I run, finally getting the hang of having four legs.

' snow ?! Where the hell are you?! '

I jump over a creek as I sprint towards the pack, I run through the tree line meeting pack members.

' I'm home now '

I pant as two of the warriors fall beside me panting, did they chase me?

' Are you two alright ?'

They nod, I watch as they bow.

' yes alpha, we are fine, just, you are very fast'

' and you have a beautiful shift, sir '

The younger of the two says, before shying away.

' thank you, you two go get some rest '

They nod, I then trot up to the house meeting my father.
The weird feeling starting to become normal, I look up at my father who smiles at me.
His eyes red from crying, he licks his lips before speaking.

" that is a beautiful shift, now come in, I need help "

I nod, running to my room, I quickly shift back but first I look in my mirror to see my self.