19

"Hello, mister Pinewood- and family, I didn't expect you to bring children with you for this"

I smile as I push the stroller into my old high school, the principle of the school obviously annoyed by the fact I brought my kids- and sisters.

We make it to the gymnasium where a large group of students is gathered- I'm their punishment because this is detention, Penny and Peggy go to the side with the stroller while I now listen to the principle rant.

"These are the inmates you get to punish- have at it, just no bloodshed, please"

He says as he eyes me, I give a nod before he leaves me with the group of teens- who are all on phones.

"Alright! I know your phones are very nice and interesting- but sadly you gotta hand them over- or I take them"

Only a few handover their devices willingly, Penny and Peggy begin to laugh as I smirk.
I being ripping phones from them- some I even bark at and they drop their phone, I then see the small group of shifters starting at me boredly with their phones in hand.

As I get closer- my wolf comes closer to the edge, my eyes darken as I growl lowly.
With my alpha voice, I growl out for them to hand over the phones.
The young- shaking wolves hand over their phones before I straighten back up, I smile turning to everyone who now pays attention.

"To some of you, I'm Alpha Pinewood, but the rest of you may know me as Damon Pinewood- now I guess I'm here to work you guys since the principle is to lazy too"

They all chuckle a bit as I laugh- but I cough to cover it, I make everyone get into teams of three before starting.

----- Penny PoV --------

I watched as Damon ran the group ragged, all of the humans already drenched in sweat- I could even smell the sweat of the shifters.

"Peg-leg, I'm going to the hall for a sip of water"

She nods her head- she turns to the stroller while I head out.

Ever since the attack- ever since I got hurt she has been distant, she got her own room, she will barely look at or talk to me.
I cut my hair because I felt she needed more separation from me, it helped but any time she sees my scar she curls back into her shell.
At least she is still the girly twin, I hate dresses.

"Penny?"

I look to the school doors- he just stands there with papers in hand, my throat becomes dry as my hands shake.

"You- you cut your hair"

Anger- my blood boils, I go to lunge at him but a black wolf beats me to it.
My eyes widen as I realize who it is, I run to them- pulling the wolf off as I cry for her to stop.

"Peggy stop! This isn't you!"

Soon I'm holding my sister, a tee shirt is given to her by him- but she isn't in a place to deny his help.

"What are you doing here, Jacob? You betrayed us, you betrayed our pack! Why are you back?! To hurt us more? To watch our brother die? Or me?"

I now stand in front of my sister, my blood boiling as I look at him.
He lowers his head, his hands shaking as he holds out the papers.

"I've come to apologize- I thought that what I was doing was right because my dad- because he told me it was, but I know it wasn't, and I'm so sorry for hurting you! I really am I- I can't live with the bad things I've done"

I take the papers from him- his hands thinner than before, I look at the handwritten apology before throwing it on the ground.

"You could have trusted us, Jake, our family- the pack, we could have kept you safe but-"

I look down, Peggy gripping my hand as she sits with the tee-shirt on her like a dress.

"Did you mean to?"

I look him in the eyes- my heart hurting as I think the worst, he steps closer with his eyes on us as tears fall.

"No, I never wanted to hurt anyone, not you, not Peggy, no one"

I and Peggy stand together and hug our best friend, I thought we wouldn't forgive him so easily- but our bond is too strong.

"Don't leave again"

Peggy whispers, he just squeezes us tighter.
I look up to see Damon, he seemed mad- but calm.
He must have heard.

"Girls, I'm done here- how about your friend comes over for dinner"

I nod, giving my sister and Jake a smile.

----- Snow PoV -----

I open my eyes- blinking away the sleep, I carefully push my self up into a sitting position.

I look to the window with a frown, I had slept most the day away.
I swing my legs over the edge of the bed- my feet on the soft carpeted floor, I stand with a slight groan as my body aches but I stay upright.

I make my way to the bathroom, a warm shower needed for my stiff muscles.
I moved slowly- I may heal faster than a human but not as fast as Damon, after getting washed off I get out carefully.

All I could get on was boxers, sweatpants, and my tank top- I look like I'm four months pregnant again because I haven't started working out.

"Love, what are you doing out of bed? You should be resting"

I smile up at Damon, I take his worried face in my hands before kissing him.

"I have slept almost all day, it's ok for me to walk as long as I'm careful, and I have been- I just wanted a shower"

He sighs as I nuzzle my face into his neck, kissing his chin I look up at him.

"What happened today lovey? I know the new principle is annoying but you seem a bit more stressed"

He holds my hands as he leads me into the hall, he must be really stressed.

As we enter the living room I freeze-up, the sight of Jacob on the couch setting me on edge.

"I see now- hello Jake, how are you"

I ask him while taking a seat, his eyes dart to me as he whimpers.
Penny shakes her head before she pats his hand- the little smile on her face mirroring the one he has, Peggy clears her throat which catches my attention.

"He has come back, also I turned into a huge wolf in the highschool- and left the babies un-watched while Damon worked, I'm sorry"

Sighing I give her a hug- as tight as I could before sitting on the couch, Damon hands me our son as my eyes land back onto Jacob.

"I'm guessing you still have no pack? Or a home- I and Damon will need to talk it over but we might be willing to let you join our pack again- with a few rules, and you could stay here until you are old enough to live on your own"

His eyes almost light up as his head shakes, a small smile on his face as he holds in tears.

I may hate the fact he hurt my sisters, but he is just a child- I am not heartless.

Looking down at Raphael's face I smile, his heartbeat a soft drum as he sleeps in my arms.

I am happy- I survived so much, and my reward is my family.

Author- chapter 19  next chapter is the hardest to write because it's the last.
Thank you for sticking with me.