20

"Papa! Papa wake up! School isn't that boring"

I chuckle as the sweet girl pouts, I run my fingers through my recently cut hair as I yawn.

"Angelina- papa has been up since really early, I had to deal with alpha stuff"

She smiles at me as her blue eyes twinkle, with a kiss to her forehead I get up from the table before stretching.

My sweet nine-year-old girl speaks up, her voice quiet as she stares at me.

"Why do you have two scars on your tummy? The one's under your belly button?"

I grin before I play with her braid, her homework being saved now for later- Damon can help her.

"Well, this one that's all jagged is a wound, a year after I had your brother we had to deal with another attack- but nothing like before, this was a small one and they attacked at night, this smaller one is from having you taken out sweety, I'm happy to have this scar"

She hugs me after I tell her, I brush her light blond hair down with my hands as footsteps come down the stairs.

(Angelina, age 9, wolf shifter)

"Papa? I'm heading for my run, remember, I have dinner handled tonight"

Leilani says as she fills her water bottle, she kisses my cheek before patting her sister on the head.

"Alright, be safe!"

I shout out to her as she runs out the door, she almost needs to duck down to make it out the door now.

(Leilani, age 17, human)

I still remember telling her she was adopted- I didn't want to at first, but it was for her that we did

She was ten, we waited till Raphael began to realize he looked different and began asking us before telling him.
Angelina knows because she heard Lani asking if we knew her birth parents, but they all took it as well as we could have hoped.

I still am not sure how she is so tall, no one on the island was very tall- but she is.

"Papa, should I get daddy and Raph to come down for lunch?"