⌜ thirty three ⌟

i can smell the last chapter

renjun hugged chenle as he saw him crying nonstop

i'm sorry.❞ chenle sobbed ❝i came too late—❞ chenle couldn't finish his sentence and sobbed even louder

renjun patted the younger's head ❝sshh, it's not your fault.

chenle was walking home while having a phone call with renjun. while walking he grew worried as he heard a car honking on the other line and was about to turn around but stopped as he saw someone getting beat up by a bunch of buff guys. he walked closer and didn't know what to do when he saw it was jeno. he wanted to help but at the same time he was scared. the guys was satisfied after seeing jeno all beat up and chenle took this chance to run and help jeno but it was too late.

jeno passed out and all chenle could do was to quickly bring him to the hospital.

chenle cried even harder while remembering what he did and what he didn't do because he was scared.

jaemin didn't.

jaemin didn't cry. don't get him wrong, he was sad. very sad. jeno was now lying down at the hospital bed, sleeping. well at least that's what jaemin wants to believe, jeno is just sleeping. he forced out a small smile, on the next day jeno will just wake up and everything will be going back to normal.

jaemin sat down at the chair that was placed next to the hospital bed and he held the older's hand.

jeno?❞ jaemin whispered

the said guy didn't move nor replied to him. that's where jaemin broke down. he had his head hung low and tears threatening to fall.

you said you're coming home.❞ jaemin mumbled ❝please wake up, let's go home together.

or at least let me be with you for the last time, jaemin started crying.

this wasn't what he imagined his last day to be. he imagined his last day to be with jeno while watching FROZEN before turning into a cat forever.

seeing jeno at this state hurt him.

renjun also wanted to cry but he had to be strong for everyone inside the room. why would he cry, it's not like jeno is going to die. is he? renjun shook his head. jeno isn't going to die, he told his self to stop worrying.

jaemin stood up and cleared his throat as he wiped the tears on his face ❝i'm going out for a while.

renjun nodded and just let jaemin be. he didn't want to force the younger to stay, maybe he just want some fresh air to process everything that happened.