Chapter 15

~But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms,

And if you like having secret little rendezvous~

"Louis, where are you goin'?" Harry asked, poking his head up from the couch as Louis prepared to slip out.

"Going to hang with Lottie for the day. Tell the boys that the lot of us are goin' shopping tomorrow for Vegas." He kissed Harry's forehead, and then left the house.

Harry quickly texted Louis when he left. Movie tonight?

Course.

"GUYS, I'VE MADE A BREAKTHROUGH!" Zayn screamed at the top of his lungs then, and Harry sighed, not ready to go through with the day. He'd rather lay in bed all day and watch chick flicks.

---

"Hi." Harry said, popping into Louis' car that evening. "Ready?"

"Totally. Let's hope this date goes better than the last one." Louis smiled at his man, and they were off to the movie theatre.

"You seem a bit down." Harry asked, kissing Louis' knuckles.

"I'm just missing my mum. Man, December is a terrible month. I have to live through my birthday and Christmas without her every year in close succession, and it's always too much to handle. I'll turn 24 on Christmas Eve."

"Your birthday is on Christmas Eve! That's so cool!" Harry said, typing something into his phone, and then he started scrolling. "I have to work like triple hard to find a good present now."

"Don't worry about, Haz. You're the best present that I could have." Harry blushed, wondering how the fates connected him and Louis. He was such a private person, and Louis was explosive and out there. Flamboyant.

Louis bought them popcorn and drinks, and the two of them had a wonderful time watching the movie. No bad ending to this date. This time, they just went back to the house afterwards. Everyone was still awake.

Liam and Niall were dancing to a Disney playlist, while Zayn fried chicken in the kitchen. "How was the date?" Niall asked.

"It was good." Louis said.

"Who wants to watch Toy Story?" Liam laughed, throwing a pillow towards Zayn in the kitchen, who hissed. Literally hissed.

"No one, Liam!" Niall giggled, running his hand through his hair.

"I want to watch the Notebook." Harry said.

"No! Ew!" Louis said. "Fast and the Furious." There was an approval from Zayn and Niall, so Louis pulled it up on Netflix. Liam and Harry couldn't stay mad for long, and soon they were laughing and joking with the rest of them.

Life is good, Niall thought.

Life is good, Liam thought.

Liam looks really hot right now, Zayn thought.

I wish Louis would quit smiling, because it's contagious, Harry thought.

I don't want this to end, Louis thought...