Chapter 21

~And if you like cameras flashing every time we go out (Oh, yeah)

And if you're looking for someone to write your breakup songs about~

Niall was a hermit that day, under his covers with his fake lock, repeatedly picking the safe open. Zayn was extremely confident in his hacking skills now that he had broken down the first couple walls of the system. Harry was studying the car manual that he was to get from the parking lot of the hotel, and Liam was napping, while Louis was cleaning up the house.

"I'm ready." Niall said finally. "I can do this in ten minutes. That's the lowest I've gotten it."

"That's really good. Last safecracker I worked with took twenty minutes to even get his gear out."

"I'm a professional, Tommo." Niall said, putting on a Blue Steel-esque look with the blanket on his head. Louis cackled and threw a wet towel at Niall, which, when he screamed and pushed it away, fell onto Liam's napping face.

"I hate all of you." He sighed, throwing the towel onto the floor. "Please tell me that you didn't use that to dry the floor after you mopped."

Louis didn't reply, and Liam gagged, running to the bathroom to wash his face. Everyone chuckled, and Louis threw the towel in the wash. "I'm gettin' tired, lads. What do we say we order a pizza? Have a movie marathon?"

"I love you, Daddy Louis." Harry beamed up at him.

"Don't call him daddy ever again." Zayn gagged from his corner of the room. "Or I may actually barf."

Harry rolled his eyes. "What movies?"

"Harry Potter. I get to pick since I just got a wet towel thrown on my face."

"Liam, get over yourself. Niall threw it on you, not me. I threw it on Niall, yes, but Niall's really the one to blame here." Liam threw a wet washcloth at Louis from the bathroom. "I will buy a Hawaiian pizza, Liam, if you don't watch your actions."

"Gross." Zayn scoffed.

---

The day prior, Louis had bought himself a bean bag chair to sit on so they weren't all crowded on the couch, and now Harry was sitting on it with Louis on his lap while they watched the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Zayn was in and out of sleep, and Niall was on his phone and looking at memes as usual. Louis was actually asleep, while Harry was just snuggled up to him, watching the movie. And Liam was enraptured by the movie he had seen a billion and one times.

The pizza was long gone, as was the wings, and it was getting pretty late.

"I want to play a game." Louis woke up saying.

"Uno." Niall told them. "Zayn, go get it, it's in the hall closet." Zayn was just waking up, and he took his blanket with him to go find it.

He turned on the hall light, and not the closet one, as his eyes were still tender from sleep. He patted the mostly empty shelves, feeling for the box. "Aha." He held it up, and then suddenly, Liam was standing in front of him, shutting the door and leaving the two of them in the darkness.

"Excuse me, this is not the bathroom, this is a closet." Zayn said, rubbing his eyes. "I would like to leave now."

Liam put his lips on Zayn's, startling the just smaller boy. "Wha-?" Zayn mumbled.

"Don't." Liam whispered.

Zayn's blanket fell to the floor, and he wrapped his arms around Liam's neck, plunging his hands into his short hair. Liam tugged on Zayn's bottom lip, and Zayn lost control there, wrapping his legs around Liam's waist. Liam pushed him into the wall, and things on the shelf fell. Zayn took off Liam's shirt, running his hands over the abs there.

And as quickly as it started, it was over.

Liam pushed Zayn to the floor, and he knocked his head on a shelf, crying out. He grabbed his shirt, and left Zayn there.

After a moment, Zayn started crying, because his head really hurt, and his emotions were a wreck. How could Liam do something like this to him? He was fine with Liam being straight - he had stopped acting like he was the week before after Liam confessed how he felt. But obviously, there was something there for Liam. But Zayn didn't want to be around him while he figured it out if this was how he was going to act.

Zayn opened the closet door and slid the cards down the hall. Niall's hand reached out and snatched them, and Liam made brief eye contact with Zayn before he shut the door again.

Zayn slept in the closet that night, too afraid to see Liam again. Ever again.

He wished he could just run away, but there were only a couple more days.

Then maybe there would be some cute boy in the Bahamas who would make Zayn forget everything.

He could only hope.