Chapter 28

~And if you like midnight driving with the windows down~

"What happened to Liam?" Zayn asked all of a sudden, panicking.

"We don't know." Louis said. "Harry, put a mask on. The camera's are gonna get you." Niall helped get Harry's mask on. "He's breathing, though. Heart's beating."

"Get his mask off." Zayn said, reaching across Louis to get the mask off.

"I want to go home!" Niall screamed as Harry turned a corner violently and sped up an alley.

"Simon said that he'll get the car. Oh look, he's calling now!" Zayn put his phone on speakerphone.

"Status."

"We got the money. Duffel bags are full. Left no equipment. Liam's unconscious for an unknown medical reason. He most likely needs medical attention, and we are currently evading police." Louis filled him in.

"What model is the car that you're in? I'll try to find decoys."

Niall dug through the glovebox. "Subaru WRX. The color is white."

"Thank god it's not red." Simon said. "Hanging up now."

"Does anyone have any smelling salts?" Zayn asked desperately.

"Water." Liam croaked out. Everyone started searching the car for a bottle, but there was none. Louis' heart was beating so fast he thought that he was going to die, and then Niall turned on the radio.

Do you remember?

"Turn it off!" Zayn screamed.

The twenty-first night of September.

"Please, Niall." Niall turned the radio off, and Liam started coughing.

"I need a doctor." Liam said. Louis and Niall started freaking out and cursing, while Zayn was the mostly calm one in the car.

"Louis, Niall, you have to take him. When we separate. The plan stays the same, but drive him to Reno and get some help for him." Zayn's voice was shaking. "And Simon texted. He said that the decoys are in place under the bridge. Get in the left lane and double back to the parking garage."

Harry made a hard right and accelerated to get onto the freeway. "I would appreciate it if no one would engage in a gun battle. We do not have bullet-proof windows, and me and Louis have a date on New Years Eve." Harry was joking, but he sounded serious. He was serious about the date thing.

"That begs the question, when should we all meet up again. Because I don't want to never see you guys again. I know it'll be different now, but when?" Niall brought up the conversation.

"My birthday is February 1st." Harry said. "Anyone want to throw me a party?"

"I'm having a baby girl, and I would love for you to meet her when she's born. I'll set up an email for you to contact me, okay?" Louis said. "It'll be all lowercase, no spaces onedirection5. At gmail.com. Send me an email that's addressed to Tommo, and then we'll be in touch, okay?"

Everyone nodded. "We'll tell Liam later." Niall said.

The helicopters began to follow them, and they ducked down in the back. Liam was back out, and Zayn kept looking at him worriedly. "We'll lose them with the decoys."

The bridge was coming up ahead, and Niall pointed out the decoys. They pulled out, and Harry got in front of the one on the left, switching places with the one in the middle. Then they were pulling out and exiting the freeway. The cops were off their tail, and only a couple minutes later, they pulled into the parking garage.

"Bye, babe." Harry said, kissing Louis. Niall grabbed a duffel bag and put it into their van. There was some supplies in the back. Niall hugged Zayn, and then hugged Harry's leg, since he was attached to Louis.

Louis then put the unconscious Liam in his car. "I love all of you." He said. Zayn looked at Liam, and started crying.

"Take care of him, okay?"

"I promise, Zaynie." Louis saluted him. "I'll see you in New York soon. Bye, Hazza!"

"Bye, boo bear!" Harry got into the other car.

"Bye, Lima." Zayn said, watching Louis drive away.