twenty three

This past week has been pretty crazy. I have been studying nonstop for my math test and I've been buried with textbook work for psychology. Grayson and I haven't seen too much of each other, besides being in class.

He still teases me on occasion but it's more flirty this time around. I haven't been to the art studio and I don't really plan on going back unless Max isn't there. His betrayal still hurts me and, honestly, I'm kind of upset by it. I thought he was somebody I could turn to if I needed anything, but now it's the complete opposite.

Ethan keeps calling me every so often but I never answer or return his calls. I don't know why he keeps trying to get my attention after he admitted he was using me for his list. I tried to distance myself on campus by staying in my dorm and studying, or when I'm not doing that, I'm drawing.

Since it's a Friday night there is a huge party going on right now at the Dolan household. Grayson told me to come to it so I can see him, but I decided against it. I don't want to see anyone of the football team.

I throw on sweatpants along with an ECU sweatshirt and tie my hair up into a messy bun. Burying myself in my sketchbook is the only thing I want to do right now.

I play some music from my phone to have as background noise as I begin my sketch. I'm pretty sure Jordyn left campus again for the night because it's already ten and she hasn't been in the room all day. I let out a deep breath as the music fills my ears.

"One Direction again?" A deep voice startles me as I jump up from my seat. Grayson is standing by the door, peeking his head in the room with a smirk.

I lower the music as I inhale another breath. "You scared me."

"Your door wasn't locked." He shrugs as he steps into my dorm. "What are you doing?"

"Drawing," I look back at my sketchbook, "why aren't you at the party?"

"Cause why would I want to be there when you're here?" He raises his eyebrow with another smirk.

I can't help but flash him a small smile. "Parties are definitely not my scene."

"That's why I'm here." He bites his lower lip as he steps closer to me. "I wanna take you somewhere."

"Now?" I look at the clock on Jordyn's side of the room. "It's almost ten thirty."

"Trust me, you'll love it." He heads back over toward the door.

"I look like shit." I mumble as I look down at my sweatpants.

"We aren't leaving the building, princess. And for the record, you don't."

I nod slowly as I grab my room key and turn the music off from my phone. I slip on my converse and follow him out into the hallway.

"Where are we going?" I question as we get into the elevator.

"You'll see." Instead of pressing the button to go downstairs, he presses the one that takes us to the top. I look at him confused as he flashes me another small smirk.

We reach the top floor, which I have never been on. He leads out of the elevator and all the way down the hallway. There's a door at the end of it that is followed by a staircase.

"Grayson, where the hell are you taking me?" I look at him with a tiny laugh coming out of my mouth.

"You're gonna love it, trust me." I follow him up the stairs that ends with another door. He opens it and I immediately feel the wind blow onto my face. He takes a step and turns to look back at me.

"The roof?" I look around the empty area as I follow him.

"I come up here all the time." He goes over to the edge and looks down. You can see the entire campus from this tall building. "Ever since last year, this is the place I come to when I want to be alone."