25. Reverance

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ-

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

﴿سورة الأنعام ٣﴾ وَهُوَ اللَّهُ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَفِي الْأَرْضِ ۖ يَعْلَمُ سِرَّكُمْ وَجَهْرَكُمْ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا تَكْسِبُونَ

[Quran 6:3] He is Allah in the heavens and the earth. He knows what you keep secret and what you make public; and He knows what you earn.

~~~

A sudden knock on the door interrupted everyone's train of thought. Natalia wiped her tears that meandered on her pale cheeks while her eyes continued to stare at her plain, brown blanket that covered her legs. She pulled her sleeves and hid her bony and slender fingers, looking up as she sniffed.

Raabiya and Arsalan turned to face the door as the same lady who had opened the main door for them walked in.

"I figured you'd all need something to sip on," she said as she carried a tray with some snacks and drinks and walked into the room.

"Thank you very much Miss Brown," Arsalan spoke first, thanking her with a smile.

She passed Arsalan a strict stare followed by a frown as she said, "how many times do I tell you to call me Samantha Arsalan," she smiled as she placed the tray on a table and stood straight. Arsalan chuckled as he gingerly said, "sorry Samantha," with an emphasis on the latter. Raabiya could clearly see they had met before, more than once.

Samantha's eyes trailed onto Raabiya who stood in the same spot fidgeting with her fingers and staring at the floor. The crease between her eyes clearly indicating that she was troubled.
Samantha Brown was a women of great perception and she understood without even knowing much.

She blew a breath into the air.
"I'm sorry I couldn't introduce myself earlier darling. I figured another time was better," she showed her pearly white teeth as she extended her arm towards Raabiya.

"I am Samantha Brown, Natalia's aunt," Raabiya looked up at her, taking in her appearance and thick British accent and she smiled politely and extended her own arm.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Raabiya," she said and Miss Brown nodded her head cheerfully. "Very nice to meet you too."

She paused for a moment and then gave Natalia a questioning look. Everyone was quiet and watched her skeptically glance at Arsalan and Raabiya.

"Wait, why are you two standing? Please sit," she said pointing towards the two chairs and Arsalan and Raabiya awkwardly nodded and proceeded to seat themselves down.

"Do call me if you need anything and umm don't worry about the drinks and snacks. Uhm...completely halaal," she awkwardly smiled, her finger pointing towards the tray.

Raabiya and Arsalan looked at each other then simultaneously answered.
"Oh no please don't worry," it was clear Miss Brown wasn't used to having muslim visitors but she tried her best to make them comfortable.

She smiled, a smile that brightened her baby blue eyes and nodded walking towards the door.

Silence followed after the door closed and Arsalan ended the loud silence by getting up and pouring some juice for Raabiya and Natalia and giving it to them. As he sat back down with his own cup, he sighed.

"Raabiya I know it's hard to believe what we're telling you especially since you've spent so many months believing otherwise but you have to consider all of this," he said softly and Raabiya listened intently with her gaze to the floor.