Chapter 12

When you fall for someone, you don't realize that you have until they catch you at the bottom. There's that option, the better one, and then there's the worst case scenario, which is you jump off a cliff with nothing to catch you except the painful stone at the bottom. Those are the only two options and the chances that you will get the better one are very slim.
Despite the bad odds and my bad experience, I took the leap off that metaphorical cliff and prayed that Zach would be at the bottom with his arms spread wide. Or maybe just some paramedics.
All these thoughts cluttered my head as I paced my room, debating wether or not to tell him my discovery. I wouldn't say I was 'in love' with Zach, I just had feelings that said I wanted to be more than friends with him. Love is a weird concept, committing to someone and putting all your trust in them. The person you truly love is the person you will stay by the rest of your life and if you don't, it's not true love. I'm not ready to fall in love yet. I don't know if I ever will be, but just because I don't want to fall in love doesn't mean I can't date, right?
My mind always did this, it got sidetracked and I never came to a conclusion. I thought over my options: tell Zach myself or not tell him and let him find out from someone else. When it comes down to it, I like the first choice more.
After I planned out what I was going to say and got changed, I drove to Zach's house. I reluctantly trudged up the stairs to the second floor where his apartment was located, a wave of nerves washed over me. I was afraid that he would be hesitant or say that he doesn't have feelings in return, which would suck.
Maybe this is just a bad idea, maybe I should just turn around and go home.
Before I could do so much as move, though, the door to Zach's place swung open.
"See you later." Zach said as someone else walked out. As the unnamed person turned to face me, I almost gasped. I had only met him once but I never forget a face.
"Oh, hi Rose." Jordan sighed. I nodded in response, even though I just wanted to ignore him completely. Even though he had a reason to break up with Bee, I still am not on good terms with him. Bee almost killed herself because of him do I want nothing to do with him.
"Rose, what are you doing here?" Zach finally said after Jordan had disappeared from our line of vision.
"Well, there's something I want to tell you." I paused and looked at him for a nod of approval, when he raised an eyebrow, I took it as a queue to continue. "Zach, I think I'm falling for you."
-
A/N
Short update with a cliffy. Yay.