Chapter 21

A/N

And the winner of the character contest is... *drumroll* Katie!

I drew the names from a hat so that it wasn't biased so if you didn't win I'm sorry but THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT. I might not introduce Katie into the story this chapter but she will be in one of the next few chapters. If this story hits 10k I will add another character to the book.

ENJOY THE CHAPTER.

-

"Are you guys ready to find out the gender of your baby?" The nurse asked while continuing to move the x-ray around my stomach. Zach and I nodded in anticipation. "It is a... Girl!"

"You owe me 20 bucks." Zach smirked and held out his hand.

"Oh shove it up your ass." The nurse chuckled lightly beside me at my rude statement and Zach pouted slightly.

"What are you guys going to name her?" The nurse asked, even though I could tell she didn't really care. It was just regulation and we both knew it.

"Nicole."

"That's a pretty name. Good choice. Well, looks like we are all done here. Have a nice day."

-

"I'm serious. I want that money." Zach said as we drove down the highway back to our apartment.

"I'm serious. I'm not giving it to you." I replied, crossing my arms over my belly.

"You're rude."

"And you're an asshole. Now are we done with this conversation." Zach chuckled but agreed. We drove, silently humming along to the Green Day playing over the speakers.

"I love you." Zach said after a few minutes of silence. I reached across the center console and grabbed his hand.

"I love you, too."

"You are one of the only girls I will ever love." He mused, looking over at me for a second before averting his eyes back to the road.

"One of them?"

"The only other girl I will ever love will be Nicole." He said as if it were obvious. My heart fluttered and the blood rushed to my cheeks.

"Zach, do you believe in soul mates?"

"I've never really thought about it before, but I guess so. After all, I do have you." The blush on my cheeks stayed and my heart continued to flutter. No matter how long I had known Zach, he always managed to make me get butterflies. On the day I met him, butterflies nested in my stomach and stayed there ever since.

"I guess so. Oh, Zach! She's kicking!" Zach quickly dropped my hand and moved moved his hand to my stomach. He looked like he was about to either cry or explode from happiness which I found adorable.

"It's so surreal. When I was a kid, I always imagined getting married to this girl at my school named Haley. She had all the guys falling head over heels for her but compared to you, she might as well have just worn a paper bag around on her head. I imagined some stupid job in an office and living in a mansion, but I never imagined having a beautiful soon-to-be wife, and a baby. To top it all off, I have a job where I can stay home with them all day. I want to watch Nicole grow up and I don't want to miss a second of it. I want to be there for her first word, her first steps, her first day of kindergarten, everything. I also want to spend as much time with you as I possibly can because I love you and I always will."

"How quickly can you get us home?" I smirked, completely forgetting about my pregnancy.

"Is that safe for the baby?"

-

I sat on the floor, clutching my swollen stomach with one hand and a tub of ice cream in the other. The tears were coming out in gallons at a time and no matter how much ice cream I ate, it didn't get better.

All I had coherently thought for the past 2 hours was 'why me'. But really, why me? Everything I had was ripped away and I had no way of controlling it.

Why me?

-

A/N

Ooh a cliffhanger.