Disrespectful (Abuse Warning)

<Peter>

The next morning I woke up to screaming. My eyes widened and I searched the room. All the boys were darting their eyes around, scared. I immediately jumped out of my bunk and opened the door to our bedroom.

As I exited our room, I heard the screams get louder. I drew closer to the staircase, and I realized Jared has his grip around Bonnie's wrist. She was screaming and crying as Jared shouted curse words at her.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I shouted, suddenly very angry. No real man would cuss at a four year old girl?! What the heck is wrong with him?!

Jared suddenly let go of the girl's wrist and looked up at me.

"WHAT THE HELL?! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" I yelled even louder, stomping Dow; the stairs. I was fuming with hatred as I walked up to him. Bonnie ran off as I drew closer to him.

"Shut up!" Jared ordered.

"YOU KNOW WHAT?! NO! YOU DON'T OWN THIS ORPHANAGE! YOU'RE JUST A STUPID ALCOHOLIC THAT HITS CHILDREN BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO IN YOUR LIFE!" I screamed at him. "DOES HITTING INNOCENT KIDS MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER? YOU DISGUST ME!"

Suddenly Jared wound up and punched me in the face. I fell to the floor with a groan, holding my eye in pain. Then he punched me again, and again, and again.

"Jared! That's enough!" I heard Mrs Harrison screech. "I told you to stop hitting the kids so much! You're leaving marks! Do you know how the law would take that?"

He frowned at her, but didn't talk back. He looked back at me on the floor and spat in my face before walking away.

"Peter..." I heard someone whisper. I felt someone pick me up bridal style and carry me up the stairs. I needed the comfort, so I buried my head in their chest and fell asleep listening to their heartbeat.

§

"Peter? Peter? Are you okay?" I heard people say.

I opened my eyes, and instantly felt pain all over my face. I also felt an ice pack on my left eye. "What..." I muttered. I blinked away my sleepiness and saw Wade leaning over me.

"We fixed you up." He assured me. "Jared beat you up, and Mrs Harrison broke up with him soon after. You got a black eye and a split lip." He informed me.

"Thank God she broke up with him." I murmured. I studied my surroundings, and realized I was laying in Wade's bunk. "Why did you help me?" I asked.

"You were in distress. You're my friend, I can't leave you to suffer." Wade explained. I nodded. "Oh, you also have a broken nose. We cleaned up the blood from it, but you need to keep the bandage on it so it heals correctly." He informed me.

"Ugh... What's Mr Stark going to think? He already suspects something from the bruised neck and the claw marks." I told him.

"I-I'm not sure." Wade replied. "Oh please don't let him find out... that would be bad... do you know how much beatings we would get?"

"Y-Yeah..." I mumbled. "Crap! The Stark Internship! What time is it?!" I exclaimed.

"1:32." Wade murmured.

I sat up with pain and grabbed my backpack. "Do I look bad?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Just say you got into a fist fight with a boy named Wade." He ordered. I nodded, and ran out the door to my bike.

<Tony>

"What, so is Peter taking a day off?" Steve questioned.

"I'm not sure, I haven't heard from him. But he better have a good reason, or-"

I was interrupted by the sound of elevator doors opening. I turned and saw Peter st the entrance, and oh did he look horrible.

Terrible black eye on his left, and a split lip. He also had a bandaid over the bridge of his nose, indicating that it was broken.

"Peter.. what the hell happened?" I asked.

"Language." I heard Steve say.

We were on a couch in a living room on the fifth floor, and we were the only ones in the room. So it wasn't too awkward for Peter.

"Fist fight." Peter said. He shifted uncomfortably, and his fingers fidgeted like he was lying.

"With who?" I pressed on.

"This boy named Wade at my orphanage." Peter informed me.

I decided not to push him, since he was clearly in pain. But I had to let him know something. "Peter, you can't be injuring yourself so much. You're letting off vibes like your a guy that gets into fights in alleyways and in the woods." I told him. "Don't you see how that looks to me? It makes it seem like I'm hiring a shady guy, right?"

Peter nodded, looking down at his feet. "Sorry Mr Stark, it won't happen again." He assured me. Then I heard his stomach growl.

"Why are you late? And why are you hungry?" I questioned.

"Late because of the fist fight, and hungry because I didn't get a chance to eat." Peter said.

"Vision, make a sandwich for Peter!" I called. I looked back at the kid. "Okay kid, so... I decided yesterday that you're a super good intern." I began. He looked taken aback by the compliment. "And I realized that I really don't need more than one intern. So, you're my only intern. I cut all the other ones off." I informed him.

His eyes widened. "Th-Thank you M-Mr Stark!" Peter stuttered out, clearly shocked that I only really needed him.

"No problem kid. You seem to fit in fine. You're apart of the family." I said to him. 

His eyes widened even more, if that was even possible. His jaw dropped and he looked at me to Steve, and back at me in awe. "Like... w-we're friends?" He asked.

"Yeah, you could say that. Tell the boys at the orphanage that you're good friends with the Avengers, and see what they think." I told him and smirked. I saw a grin slowly appear on his face.

"Alright kid, lets get to work." I said.