New Girl, New Drama

A/N: I now have three stories going, well five because I have these other ones, but if I don't update within five days, someone nag me. And not just 'update please' but something like 'hurry the freak up' and stuff. c:

The Next Morning

"Hey, Anica. Did you get to meet the new girl yet?" Callie asked as she took a seat next to me.

Last night I couldn't sleep because I was crying. It was so stupid of me to kiss Elizabeth. I should've waited because I wanted our first kiss together, if we would ever go that way, to be special. And I pretty much killed it.

"What new girl?" I sighed, feeling a pain in my heart.

Callie smiled, "She's actually quite nice. And she's not a hoe on the go like Josie. She's pretty and doesn't wear a gazillion pounds of makeup. . .and hey! She has History with us!"

I turned around and saw the girl that Elizabeth was talking about. She had jet-black hair that feel to her shoulders and icy blue eyes that were hard to miss. She was pretty just like Callie said. Really pretty.

"Hey. . .Jane! Over here, it's me Callie. From first period," Cal waved her arms around, and some people snickered. "Come meet my friend, Anica."

"Cal. . .are you sure about this?" I whispered quickly as Jane began to make her way over to us.

"Anica, Anica, Anica. Please, don't get your panties in a bunch. Lets just talk to her and have her sit with us," Callie smiled, warmly.

I bit my lip and nodded, "Sure. Just for today and today only."

"Hi, Callie! Who's your friend?" Jane smiled at us as she took her seat.

"Jane, this is my friend, Anica. She's a lesbian, I hope that's okay with you," Callie replied.

I hit her arm, "Can I speak with you for a moment?"

"Ouch," she cried. "I guess so, but you don't have to be so mean about it. That was so uncalled for, Anica."

I ignored her as I dragged her to the opposite side of the room.

"What the heck are you thinking you psycho lady! You can't just be going out and telling every new person you meet that I'm a. . .you know," I whispered. "Someone that shouldn't be hearing, could hear! Then everybody would know."

"Anica," she placed her hands on my shoulders. "Calm yo tits. It's okay, just relax, and she kinda seemed like a rainbow girl too. So it's cool. Now lets calmly go back to our desks. Class should be starting."

"I-I, um, okay. Sure thing," I replied, confused.

We returned to our seats where Callie quickly changed the subject to some of the latest celebrity gossip, then class begun. We talked about the same things as last week, and occasionally, I glanced over at Jane. She seemed nice, but how could Callie tell she was a 'rainbow girl' like me?

But what if she was?

Would that mean that we should go out with each other. I sighed, just because we like girls doesn't mean we should go out with each other. She's pretty though.

"Anica," Callie whispered.

I looked at her and whispered, "What? I don't wanna get busted like last time."

She laughed, "That was funny."

I continued on daydreaming and somewhat listening to our lecture. I saw Jane sneak a glance at me, and our eyes locked. I felt frozen.

She smiled and whispered, "Pay attention."

I nodded and looked away, blushing. She made me blush a lot more than Elizabeth. But Elizabeth was just so, so Elizabeth. Jane was like a fancy new gem, but was so simple and she was actually nice to me.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Lunch

"So where are you from, Jane?" Callie asked her.

She swallowed her food, "I was born in Jersey, but ever since I been. moving around and now I'm staying here."

"That's awesome," I nodded.

Callie nodded her head and agreed, "Yeah, so you are okay with. . .rainbow people though, right? I'm just wondering. . .and stuff."

I gave her a nasty look, and she smiled.

"Yeah," Jane nodded. "I mean, 'rainbow' people are everywhere and it doesn't make them any different from you."

"I knew it," Callie whispered.

Jane bit her lip, "Your friend is smart. She told you that I was a 'rainbow' person, and I am. And it's obvious that you are too, Anica."

I was silent for a moment.

"Well," Cal clapped her hands three times. "You're very smart too, Jane. You catch on fast."

She does, I thought. And she makes people fall for her really fast too.

"That's what people been telling me for a while," she laughed.

"I bet that's not the only thing," I muttered to myself.

Callie looked at me, "Did you say something, Anica?"

I shook my head and laughed, "No, no, no. It must've been the wind or something. Maybe you imagined things now, Cal."