Old "Friends"

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

I felt a chill go down my back.

Behind me, I saw a grinning Jane. That girl is not right in the brain. Something has to be wrong with her. Maybe she was actually obsessed with Anica, and she wanted her all to herself. Just like she told me.

Though I thought she was just joking around.

It's like anything was right anymore. Ever since the day Jane came, wait no. Ever since the day I moved here, things changed. Meeting Anica changed me too in some odd way I wasn't exactly too sure on.

Yet.

"Elizabeth," Mr. Craft nodded at me. "They told me to send you to the office."

Some of my lovely classmates 'oohed' as I gathered my things and shoved them into my book bag. I didn't care what they thought because most of them are either going to jail or gonna be stuck with a kid.

As I walked up to the office, I decided to take the long way. It was really nice and quiet. The grass was actually green and not brown, plus there was dandelions growing here and there.

I picked one up and decided to make a wish.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Liza," Anica sighed in relief, sitting up from the bed in the nurse's office.

I looked at her and nodded, "Yeah, it's me. How are you? Are you doing okay?"

"I'm fine," she nodded. "But what about you? Are...Flora told me that you wanted to kill yourself."

My blood stopped cold. Nobody was supposed to know. This wasn't how I planned it.

Or what I had planned so far.

"I don't," I protested. "I'm just...tired."

"Tired of what, Elizabeth? Maybe I can help you," Anica nodded, she stood up.

I sighed and looked into her eyes, "You can't even help yourself."

That came out a little too harsh and she knew that I knew it too. She looked down at the floor.

"I'm going to go back to class. I'll see you later," I said.

The tears slowly started to form in my eyes as I walked away. Was this my breaking point? Was it finally time for me to give up?

First it was just verbal abuse from my mother, then it turned into...Anica making me feel so confused and upset.

And now Crazy Jane is trying to win over Anica from me. We all know I would win anyways. If I was even competing.

The wind was colder now.

I went into the bathroom and decided to stay there until school was over. Then I could take the pills and end this whole mess.

Inside, there was a girl crying as she washed away the tears from her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked, curious.

She sniffed, "My boyfriend killed himself today."

"I'm sorry," I replied.

She gave me a respectful nod and walked out the door, still sobbing.

Anica wasn't my girlfriend or anything, but would that be her if I were to kill myself? Would she be all alone weeping in a smelly high school restroom?

I sat down in the corner and began to think. Its funny how when you're by yourself, you could replay your whole life over again.

I started to remember when I first moved here and meet Anica.

Her mother was so nice and I was glad. I even remember that she made me a braid; my own would never have done that.

Then when she had to walk me home, even though it was next door, and she through a fit about it. I held her hand...and said that I think I hate her.

Maybe all this time, that hate was love.

"Gosh damn," I sighed quietly looking up. "I think I love her."

"Elizabeth?"

I looked at the door and I recognized her right away.

This can't be happening. Not right now.

"Long time no talk," I replied.

She smiled and nodded, "Yeah. And you're looking great! I can't believe I haven't seen you since seventh grade."

Yeah, I would love to see and talk to the person who I gave all my love to, but ended up breaking my heart.

"Well, you can see me now," I fake laughed, while I watched her carefully.

She laughed along too.