Mahad X Reader

Just wanna say that I'm only 3 seasons in to Duel Monsters, so I'm not really sure about what everything was like in Ancient Egypt ^-^ I tried my best 

"Y/F/N," the Priest Seto Kaiba caught your attention as he strode into your cave with authority. Setting down what you were holding, you turned to face your fellow priest.

"The Pharaoh has requested that you attend the yearly festival, tomorrow."

Staying calm, you casually replied : "Part of my agreement to living here and not in the palace was that I did not have to attend any gatherings."

Seto sighed

"Pharaoh thinks that you need to be introduced to Mahad and Mana. Personally, I don't think there's any need. I can do whatever he needs you to do, better, in fact."

You weren't sure whether you should be relieved or insulted at the Priests remark.

"I agree." You lied, trying to flatter Seto enough to take your side.

"I'm sure the Pharaoh would agree with you-" you tried, but Seto cut you off.

"But the pharaohs word is final. You will be present at tomorrows festival."

Mentally, you sighed. I guess there's no way to avoid it.. you thought.

3RD PERSON POV

Reluctantly, Y/N made her way down the rocky ledge, down towards the brightly coloured, partying festival. Wearing a simple white, ankle length dress, and brown leather sandals, the only thing that indicated her high status was her multiple necklaces, and wand that hung by her side.

Keeping her head low, Y/N tried not to make eye contact with anyone as she made her way towards the platform where the Pharaoh, Seto and two other people, Mahad and Mana, she assumed, stood.

When she got close to the Pharaoh, though, armed guards stepped as if on command in front of the young woman.

"Let me through." Y/N told them quietly.

"State your business with the pharaoh." One of the guards spoke, not lowering their weapons.

"He's expecting me-" Y/N tried again, but was once again pushed back by the sharp edges of multiple guard's weapons.

"Ask Seto, then." She said, exasperated. The guards glanced at each other.

"How do we know that you will stay here, and that it's not a distraction?" another guard asked.

"You don't. But," Y/N continued, "Would you rather stand here for the rest of the day, when there could be a REAL threat to the pharaoh at any time? Besides, I'm relatively harmless. I have no sharp weapons on me."

The guards glanced uneasily at the woman stood in front of them. The majority of her face was shadowed by her blue—black hair, she was tall and slim, and wouldn't meet anyone's eye. A familiar tool hung by her side, but the guards couldn't quite remember exactly where they had seen it before.

"Well?" Y/N questioned, impatiently. One guard sighed.

"What's your name?"

"Y/F/N."

Atem's POV

"Y/F/N."