t w o

Hermione

I walked along the hall looking for the compartment Draco was in. I didn't know why I was, I just was. I spotted his blonde hair. His head was in his hands and his chest heaved up and down. "Draco," I slowly opened the compartment door. He looked up wiping his tears. "I-," he sighed. "What's wrong?" I sat down next to him rubbing circles on his back. I listened to him talk about his mom and his dad. "I regret everything I've done in the past. It's how I was raised, but it's not who I want to be," he managed to get out in between sobs. "I'm sorry Hermione, I-I've been so mean to you." he said catching his breathe.
"Draco." I said tentatively.
"No, I-I don't deserve someone like you, a friend like you...thank you." He mumbled.
"Well the war changed all of us, I'm just glad you came around," I smiled at him. He returned it weakly. "So, uh do you know who's head boy?" I changed the topic. "Yeah, it's me," he pulled the badge out of his pocket. "Oh congrats," I smiled. "Thanks," he put the badge back away. "C'mon let's go back to my compartment," I stretched my hand out. He grabbed it as I pulled him up. "Are-are you sure? Your friends...well the don't like me very much," he asked. "Yeah, it's okay. We can show them how much you've changed," I pulled open the door.
***
Draco

As I walked with Hermione back to her compartment I thought back to everything that just happened. The girl I've bullied for six years, was still so nice to me when I needed it. Did I deserve her? No, I know I didn't, but I was still thankful. As we reached the compartment I heard Hermione's breath hitch in her throat. I looked into the compartment. Lavender had Weasley pushed up against the window snogging him. Weasley was kissing her back. "Ahem," Ginny coughed and they pulled apart. All eyes turned to Hermione. Her face was hard to read, and flashes of emotions swept through her face. She turned a ran down the hall. Potter and Ginny both stood up. I tried to follow Hermione, but Potter grabbed my arm. "I'm her bestfriend," he shot daggers at me. "You also happen to be HIS bestfriend," I tilted my head towards Weasley. "Let Draco do it," Luna piped up. We all looked her shocked. Ginny sat back down. "Cmon Harry sit down," she pulled his arm. "I won't hurt her Potter, I promise you that," I turned and walked the way Hermione had. I found her at last. She sat there crying looking so vulnerable. "Hermione," I asked opening the door. "Go away Ron," she snapped looking up. "Oh, Draco sorry," her faced softened as she let out another set of tears. I walked over to her pulling her into a hug. "He doesn't deserve someone like you," I whispered to her. She looked up at me and started laughing. "It's funny huh? Just now you were in my place and now it's the other way around," she smiled. "Yeah, I-I guess that's true," I laughed still surprised by her mood change. "What do I do now Draco?" she looked up at me. I started into her brown eyes. I could see the hurt flash through. "Well, I think you should break up with him. Your to good for him," I pulled her up. "Come with me?" She asked. "Of course," I grabbed her hand leading her out. When we reached her compartment everyone looked at us. She took a deep breath and looked back at me. I squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Ron I-i think we should break up. I don't want this to affect our friendship though. I love you, and Harry and I don't want that to change, but we can't be together. Your heart obviously belongs to someone else and I respect that," she took a breath as she finished. Ron stood up and walked towards her. I gave her hand another squeeze before letting go. "Thank you Hermione, for everything," he wrapped her in a hug. "Oh-I well your welcome," she stood there for a minute in shock before wrapping her arms around him too. He sat back down. "What is he doing here?" Potter raised and eyebrow. "Draco can we have a minute please," Hermione smiled at me. "Sure," I stepped out of the compartment.
***
Hermione

"People change Harry," I sighed. "Yes, but this Malfoy we're talking about Hermione. Former death eater, a bully, his dad is Lucius Malfoy, and his aunt is Bellatrix Lestrange," he shouted at me. "He's changed. He doesn't want to be like them, it's just the way he was raised. You didn't see the hurt him just now Harry! It's not an act, it's the real him. He needs friends, and we can give him that," I said trying to remain calm. "I agree with Hermione," Luna piped up. Neville looked at her, and then said, "Me too." Luna squeezed his hand. "Me too," Lavender said. I looked up shocked at her. She smiled at me. "Thanks," I shot her a small smile back. "When is Hermione ever wrong," Ron laughed. "I'm in," he said. "I trust my bestfriend," Ginny smiled at me. "I'll do whatever you need," she said. "C'mon mate," Ron said. She's your bestfriend, just trust her." Harry looked up at me and I smiled. "Ok, fine I'll do it," he grumbled. "But if he does anything mean or wrong, I have every right to go at him." He said. "Deal," I smiled. "Draco, you can come in," I pulled open the compartment door.

A/N
Why is there already drama lol, but Ron and Hermione figured it out. Now they all have to attempt to be friends with Draco. Lemme know what you think of this book, and I still need to know; Hinny or Blinny? Thank you if you did vote!