t h i r t e e n

Hermione

"Draco's been distant all week, and I don't know why. Every time I would try to ask him what I did or what was wrong, he just nodded his head no and does something else," I cried to Ginny tears rolling down my pink cheeks. "Shhh baby," Ginny pulled me into a hug. "I'm sure you did nothing wrong. I think he just needs to get his head wrapped together. Maybe he's dealing with something personal?" She asked. "Maybe," I mumbled using my sweatshirt sleeve to wipe away my tears. "C'mon it's Saturday! Let's do something fun and get your mind off this," Ginny pulled me up off the couch. "You go get ready, and I'll meet you in the Great Hall with everyone else when your done," she smiled giving me a hug. "Thanks Gin," I smiled hugging her back. I watched her leave the common room before walking the steps up to our dorm. I saw a envelope with my name glittering in green ink. That's new. I thought. As I got closer my heart skipped a beat. It was Draco's handwriting. I ran to the desk sitting down tearing open the letter. I read his slanted, neat handwriting.

Hermione,
Hi beautiful.
My heart stopped as I smiled lightly.
I know you probably know that somethings wrong. After all you are the brightest witch of our age. I laughed. I just want you to know you did nothing wrong. This is NOT your fault whatsoever. It's nothing personal at home either. My mom's good and my dads far away. It's just something I need to deal with alone. I hope you understand.
Draco

I sighed placing the letter in the left drawer with the other one as a fresh batch of tears rolled down my face. Where would he be? I placed my head in my hands thinking. The room of requirements! Of course! I thought standing up. How could I be SO stupid. I laughed. He wasn't dealing with this alone. I'm going to help you even if you know it or not. I determined setting off to the seventh floor. As I got there I stood in front of the blank wall closing my eyes. Walking up and down three times I thought, I need to find Draco. I opened my eyes to see the door had appeared. I stepped forward opening the door. Draco was sitting on a couch placed in the middle of the room. His head snapped up when he heard the door open. He stood up looking at me. He started walking towards me never breaking eye contact. He walked past me heading for the door. "Not this time Draco. I've waited a week for you to talk and now you said in your letter you need to do this alone," I reached out grabbing his arm pulling him back. I walked towards the couch as I kept talking. "We're a couple now Draco. I love you. Whatever it is we can figure it out together ok?" I said pulling us both down on the couch. "What's wrong Draco?" "Please tell me what's wrong," I begged as a tear escaped my eye. His hand automatically went up to wipe it away. Brushing my tear away he sighed.
***
Draco

"I'm ashamed of what I did," I whispered. "Draco..." she cupped my face in her hands. "IM ASHAMED OK?" I screamed pushing her hands off. "YOU CAN TELL ME ITS OK AND THAT IVE CHANGED AND IT WAS JUST HOW I WAS RAISED, BUT THAT DOESNT CHANGE ALL THE DEAD PEOPLE. ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SUFFERED. EVERYONE WHO GOT SOME PAIN FROM THE DARK LORD. I WAS APART OF THAT," I screamed walking behind the couch. She looked down. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you," she mumbled her voice cracking. I could feel my heart shatter when he voice cracked. Hearing someone's voice crack-especially hers when their on the verge of tears is the saddest thing. "No no, I'm sorry for yelling at you," I walked back over to the couch sitting down. "So that's why you've been distancing yourself?" She asked. "Because your ashamed?" "Yes I didn't want to bring you into that. You've been hurt way to many times because of me or the people I was associated with. I didn't want to hurt you more," I brought my eyes up willing to look at her mascara running with her tears. "Draco do you remember me telling you the worst way you could hurt me was by leaving me?" She asked. I nodded. I remembered the day perfectly. "Your doing just that. I love you and I always will. I don't care what happened in the past and neither should you. Your happy now, so just live to that," she said. "And if your really worried about 'hurting'," she quoted hurting, "me then I'll stay away. If it makes you feel better I'll leave you alone. Forever," she said looking at me. "No I-no. That would be hurting you and that's the last thing I want to do," I mumbled. "I'm being stupid aren't I," I asked looking up. "No of course not Draco. It's normal to feel ashamed, but you just need to realize you've changed for the better," she smiled slightly scooting over to me embracing me in hug. "Thank you," I whispered. "I don't deserve you," I sighed hugging her tighter. "Your better than you know Draco," she replied leaning down to kiss me. I leaned up meeting her. I gave her an actual good kiss. "I'm never letting you go again. I'm sorry," I mumbled against our lips. "Good, because I love you," she smiled. "I love you too," I said kissing her once more before we pulled away. "Let's go find the others," she said. "Hold on," I said pulling her back down. Licking my thumb I rubbed of her mascara. "There," I smiled pulling her up. "Oh yeah thanks," she smiled grabbing my hand as we walked out of the room of requirements.
***
Hermione

"There you are," Ginny ran up to me hugging me. I felt Draco let go of my hand as he stepped back. "We were worried sick," Harry said softly. "Sorry guys, but I'm ok. I was just making sure Draco was," I said laughing. "You guys are good now?" Ginny asked raising an eyebrow slightly. "Mhm" I nodded. "Good," Ron said patting Draco on the back. "Let's go to bed, so we can wake up early and play our game. We had a long week of classes," Lavender clapped winking at me. I smiled gratefully falling in step with her. "I know your tired and don't want to be questioned," she whispered as we walked. "You know your actually an amazing person," I laughed. "I know," she smirked laughing. "Oh shut up," I smacked her arm playfully as we entered the common room. "Goodnight," I yelled out to everyone waving. "What's the rush Mione," Pansy smiled. "Ew no not that. I just need to beat Draco to the to bed or he'll take most of the space," I laughed. "Oh no you don't," Draco called after me as I started running. "Crazy kids," murmured Blaise following us up to our dorm. "Night guys," Dean waved to the other dorm. "Mhhh let's go watch this," Shay smiled pulling Dean up after us. I quickly pulled on my sleeping clothes and ran to the bed diving on it. Pulling of the sheets I slipped under then snuggling into them. "Ha," I smiled as Draco came and layed down next to me. "Goodnight silly," he kissed the top of my head as I snuggled into him. "Goodnight," I smiled drifting off into a peaceful sleep knowing that Draco and I were ok now.

A/N
I'm so tired that I can't even think about what to put here. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll admit I cried...WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF. my little heart can't take this, but I don't need one anyways right? Because mine shattered. Anyways Dramione got over like two million speed bumps aye. I love you! <3
Edit: GEE WE WENT FROM 200 TO 300 READS IN A DAY YOU GUYS BLOW MY MIND?!
Another edit: oops sorry really late update, but wattpad needs to come out with a new update. This was so hard to post bc wattpad wouldn't let me. Also I see all your beautiful comments! but I cant reply, so know I've seen them and I'll reply as soon as wattpad lets me! I love you all :)