Almost Gone--Sky_is_limit

Title: Almost Gone

Author: sky_is_limit

Summary: A tragic accident leaves him in a coma. An accident that happened ten years ago left her with a gift. His time is running out, and only she can save him. She's the key between life and death. They're so close to the end, yet so far from the beginning.

Review: It was definitely a chilling read. Normally, I don’t pick up paranormal or horror books because I’m a bit of a chicken so this was one of my first.

I loved the details you put into this story—it really made it come alive and really know the main character’s emotions. I especially enjoyed how you were able to make the scene with Susie so natural. Although her murder was absolutely horrendous and her brother must be a maniac, I actually felt so sad at the fact that she had to die that way. The way you also made Susie’s dialogue allowed me to imagine a six-year-old saying all of that. Basically, you were very realistic.

The beginning was a bit confusing; the prologue specifically. I think you’re in the point of view of Cara, but when she said, “I died,” I didn’t exactly understand because I know that she’s alive but can see ghosts. I think you should clear up whose point of view it is and also go a bit more in depth to clear up the confusion.

The cliffhanger you had there was cruel. I was on the edge of my seat ready to click the “Chapter 3” button that apparently doesn’t exist yet. So, I hope by the time I upload this, you’ll have the next chapter up. It was a thrilling read overall. I was a bit intimidated by the murder of Susie and the fact that this girl sees ghosts and may have nightmares tonight being the brave big girl I am, but I want to read more.

You have got me hooked. I will be adding your story to my library! Looking forward to more and wonderful job.